Smooth Ride - A3 Sportback

alinghi9

Reaction score
Have an A3 sport back 2.0T quattro with 18 inch wheels, recently I have noticed when driving around London that the ride isn't as smooth as when I first got the car. It could be just my imagination, but it feels as though every bump or hole in the road is multiplied.

I was just wondering if this could be something with the suspension of the car that it has just degraded or it is just the roads in London being very bad generally?

Any advise would be appreciated

Thanks!

Tyre pressure? maybe they are too hard. i wouldn't of thought the suspension would suddenly degrade.

It's pretty much impossible for anyone to guess why the ride might not seem so good.... You're best to just get someone to check out the wheels, tyres, shocks/dampers and springs etc. Only way to be sure. Although UK roads are all a complete bag of ***** so it could easily be that!

Seem to remember reading once that extremely cold weather can have an adverse effect too. Something to do with rubber being less pliable I think. :think:

I think the newness factor has worn off and you now know what S Line suspension is like, mine was the same after a few months, its really harsh.

Yeah my Sport suspension was like being on one of these until I upgraded to Eibach Pro 30mm

ADULT-BOUNCY-CASTLE.JPG

But as already said it could be multitude of issues, london roads are **** anyway no matter what suspension you have, could be springs, connecting links, shocks, top mounts, bearings, driveshaft, I mean so many things.

ok cool, well i guess i should just get it checked out, is audi generally good in spotting these things or should i be getting this checked out by someone else?

and in terms of the suspension you mentioned are they alot better than the standard sport suspension the a3 has?