Smoke Chrome RSTT's - Ming Blue S3 - Opinions?

Reaction score
Hi All,

My 18" OEM RSTT's are in dire need of a refurb thanks to the previous owner, rather than doing them silver, I was thinking about having them done in smoke chrome and wanted peoples opinions.

This is the car:
100_1290.JPG

100_1288.JPG

This is the colour I am considering:
alloy18.jpg

Thoughts? I've not seen it done before so I'm a bit cautious.

I think they will look fine. The BMW rim is so curvy that it exaggerates the effect, I think the flatness of your rims will make it very subtle but also make the rims look shinier...

I say do it!

Will

If the tyres need changing soon as well, then added to the cost of the refurb you may be better off buying new alloys and selling the others.
Might only cost a little more overall but your getting a completly new look

refurb + new tryes vs new alloys/tyres - sale of old wheels

I think it's an ok colour but may look like they are just dirty alloys when fitted

steebo888 said:
If the tyres need changing soon as well, then added to the cost of the refurb you may be better off buying new alloys and selling the others.
Might only cost a little more overall but your getting a completly new look

refurb + new tryes vs new alloys/tyres - sale of old wheels

True but the tyres are fine, about 7mm on all. I'm tempted by new wheels but I only like the OEM look and BBS's on Audi's. Also if I bought new rims i'd be tempted to go 19's so all in i'd be spending circa £950 for reps or circa £1500 for BBS's. Refurb costs £260 all in for strip/shot blast/dip/spray/bake and reift.

I fancy something a little different but not hugely different, if you know what I mean :uhm:

I think they would look pretty sweet. Bird looks like she's having a great time! I'll try a quick photoshop if you like, but the chrome effect might prove a bit tricky!

nky_84 said:
Bird looks like she's having a great time! I'll try a quick photoshop if you like, but the chrome effect might prove a bit tricky!

The better half was not happy at all as I'd just spent 4 hours cleaning the car and then decided to go for a long drive into the country to get some decent snaps :)

A photoshop job would be much appreciated, even if it just gives an indication :beerchug:

Do you get new centre caps or do they get done too?

Started to get myself into the scary depths of PS, so stopped myself just in time. Failed miserably im afraid, but better than a kick in the teeth!

bls3.psd.jpg

Nice one s3izzo. Not many people on here are a fan of the euro look.

Cheers s3izzo! :)

Hmmmm not keen on the gold RSTT's....i'm starting to really like the idea of a grey/smoke chrome type though. Are they Ronals on the third pic? It looks fat but I think they'd be out of my budget, especially when you add on the suspension costs to get it that slammed!

Schmidt TH-Lines :)

It's all about the stance - BTW, spacers don't cost much and make a difference to the overall look of the car IMO (I'd space yours out a bit so they weren't so tucked in)

I think Blonde girl looks happier in the S3 with the TH-Lines on tbh - do it for the women :lmfao:

what would you guys think of those alloys powder coated black on a silver car? sumut im considering?

i was toying with the idea of doing mine in white (azure blue S3)

only because when i was washing the car once i got the wheels really foamy and they looked mint in white againsd the dark blue.

hard to keep clean though! hink the BMW silver looks a bit dirty

Ash

The ghost chrome is a nice effect, but it chips off real bad and leaves a horid flaky black underneath....

it will look ncie for maybe a year, but then will deteriorate

simch said:
The ghost chrome is a nice effect, but it chips off real bad and leaves a horid flaky black underneath....

it will look ncie for maybe a year, but then will deteriorate

Really? That's not something i'd considered. Back to the drawing board I guess!