Side Assist keeps resetting

cemerson

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or it's just mine, but my side assist brightness setting keeps resetting itself to zero occasionally. I'm trying to figure out if there is a pattern, and I think it seems to be early every month, so I wonder if it resets itself on the 1st of every month? I'll keep monitoring and trying to see if this pattern applies but wondered if anyone else had noticed anything like this?

I have found another possible cause of this. When you attach a trailer, a message comes up on the DIS the first time you start the car saying 'side assist not available in towing mode' - fair enough. But it didn't come up the second time I started the car, so I'm wondering if it turns it off the first time, and never puts it back again afterwards - which is annoying. Unfortunately, I was towing a trailer on the last day of the month, so my 1st of the month theory can't be disproved yet, but the trailer one should be a lot easier to test! I'll hook it up to some trailers and see what happens to the setting, but I think this may be it - it turns side assist off when towing, and never turns it back on again when you remove the trailer.