Show me your car mats!

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So what car mats are you all running?

I'm still running the oem factory ones which is pretty impressive to say the cars knocking on 11 years. Can't make my mind up wether to go for plain black or black with a silver trim to tie in with the rest of the chrome/silver etc.

Post away :).

I'm just looking into some new ones but don't know whether to go for the OEM or for a much deeper pile.

Same boat as me Carl, the drivers mats has heel marks wearing through to the rubber, the rest are like new though which is a shame.

Sounds the same state of mine Dani. I got in touch with a guy on eBay and requested samples off him and the Velour type looks the same as the OEM ones. But don't know whether to go thicker and deeper.

I'll see if I can find the place that was going to do a group buy for some of us when I ran an old Focus RS forum.

Reactions: Dani_B19
I'm just looking into some new ones but don't know whether to go for the OEM or for a much deeper pile.

you cant beat a good old bit of shag pile....lol, the deeper the better.

Reactions: carlcall
Anyone know the pile weight of the oem mats?

I use a small classic car upholsterer local to myself and have done for some time to make me up front matts.
I go with plain black and black piping, in a medium pile , but its quite a tight pile otherwise they don't wear that well, he makes the section for the foot area as a removal rectangle that is held on with heavy duty Velcro , that way when it gets worn by my heals etc and looks a bit naff I can whip it off and put a new one straight on, saves replacing the the whole matt, not the cheapest method but works for me, he supplies me both fronts with 3 replacement foot strips, that's enough for a good few miles or years for that matter.

Reactions: Dani_B19 and carlcall
I just run my hands over the pile carl, if it feels right then that's fine, I wouldn't know 800 gm2 from 1700 -3000 if it slapped me in the face....lol

ah yes, now your talking, a deeper shag, oh errr I say vicar.......

This style

Image I can imagine mate, only pic I could really find.

I'm all up for quality mats but £99, that's steep.