1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Shock Issues

6833jon Dec 28, 2018

1. 6833jon

6833jon Registered User

Hi, having had my front tyres changed this morning my car made funny noises on the drive home. After emptying the car out and still having the noise, I eventually found my shock seems to of come out of its location. Has anyone else had similar happen? How can this happen when only the front tyres were changed?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. 6833jon

6833jon Registered User

Obviously I have tried contacting the place that the tyres were fitted, and they say it can't be them, and purely a coincidence

4. QuattroCalum

QuattroCalum Registered User

The rear shock mounting has broken, a simple and inexpensive repair if you are handy with tools, and I'd expect less than £100 for a garage to supply and fit the part.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

5. Samuel c5 Q

Samuel c5 Q Registered User Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

Something has rotted out and it's fell apart when the car's been jacked up. Better now than over a hump at speed.

No James not from a Quattro to a fwd. still doing better than I am though. My Quattro is sitting with no intake manifold on and still a load of work needing done.

6. thawatchai2510

thawatchai2510 Registered User

Rewelding shock mouse.

7. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I’m pretty sure the mouse was innocent in this instance :haha: