Servicing at an independant.

RichardT

Reaction score
After having annual servicing at Audi for 4 years, I decided to take the plunge with an independant.
Just picked the car up from APS - Brackley (more or less next door to Mercedes GP team headquarters - as if that makes a difference!).
I had MOT, Inspection, Oil change, Spark plugs, air cleaner. Total £325.
Audi quote was £385.

Happy to have saved £60.
And Audi service history printout as well.

Reactions: pburv
After 5 years needed cambelt got this done with brake fluid change and oil service , over £400 saving from North East Motors , Aberdeen , good service nice guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv
Shame you cannot make the most of the cash in your hand and go out for a nice meal. ****** virus.

Colin

Reactions: pburv, N.J.H and Georgeinabz
I took the decision to go indy after my car was over 2 years old. All receipts kept Audi approved components ect. Had the indy give me an aftermarket service booklet (a real one not electronic) lol I was very pleased with how they have looked after my car that I had no worries in getting the wife's Q3 first service done by them..Booklet and also registered on Audi's site for peace of mind...I reckon it will be saving me a few hundred quid over the next few years... Audi really need to take a look at their servicing prices. Their hourly rate is ridiculously expensive.

Reactions: KenL and N.J.H
Audi really need to take a look at their servicing prices. Their hourly rate is ridiculously expensive.

I would have been £1100 for the work today , pity the indi didn’t have the croissants as Audi do , but saving £400 gets me a weekend away and a few 3 course meals.

Reactions: Fatbloke, KenL, S32B and 1 other person
I would have been £1100 for the work today , pity the indi didn’t have the croissants as Audi do , but saving £400 gets me a weekend away and a few 3 course meals.

Maybe that's why their prices are high....Croissants...... lol

Reactions: N.J.H
Their hourly rate is ridiculously expensive.
Especially when you know that the guys working at the indy have far more know how! The majority of Audi dealership guys are just trained to take old parts off and put new ondes on...they're not proper strip and rebuild mechanics!!!

Reactions: KenL, Georgeinabz and pburv
Yeah, the last time I went to my local indie (VAG Tune in Aylesbury) they had an S4 engine out for a rebuild, that belonged to one of the mechanics.

Reactions: pburv and N.J.H