Service schedule

Raul_sbd

Reaction score
Anyone knows the service schedule for a3 8v 1.2 tfsi. I got my car last week only have cover 350 miles.. Is a 15 reg in July will be a year. Not planning doing more than 10k a year.. Should I go for oil change at 10k or a year or just full service at 18k or 2 years as I was recommended at Audi?

Will appreciate help on this one.. Not sure if will b worthy to take my car for a oil change already in July as probably by then I will only have around 2k or 3k on the clock..

Many thanks!!

Reactions: pburv
Anyone knows the service schedule for a3 8v 1.2 tfsi. I got my car last week only have cover 350 miles.. Is a 15 reg in July will be a year. Not planning doing more than 10k a year.. Should I go for oil change at 10k or a year or just full service at 18k or 2 years as I was recommended at Audi?

Will appreciate help on this one.. Not sure if will b worthy to take my car for a oil change already in July as probably by then I will only have around 2k or 3k on the clock..

Many thanks!!
If you are planning on keeping the car for a few years I would service it every 10,000 miles or twelve months whichever is soonest...:friends:

If you are planning on keeping the car for a few years I would service it every 10,000 miles or twelve months whichever is soonest...:friends:
Why? Audi state every 2 or 18k which is one of the reasons (although a small one) I buy Audis.

That's not correct. They have two schedules depending on mileage. If you are low mileage the MMI should be set to fixed schedule.

Had A4's for about 8 years and only ever get a service every 2 years. Never had a problem it's audi that contact me to let me know my service is due whenever it's due. To be fair I never keep them for more than about 2 and a half years until I upgrade to newer model. This time I'm going for an A3 for a change. Also usually due 4 tyres when I hand back. ( always see that as a wee bonus also ;-) ). Usually have had to change the front tyres at between 9 and 12k then at about 23 k upgrade. Surely I'm not the only one ??

Why? Audi state every 2 or 18k which is one of the reasons (although a small one) I buy Audis.
As RichardT stated above if you do low miles it is recommended you do an oil change every 12 months..The reason being is that the older oil gets less effective in lubricating your engine..They tend to 'gunk' up and block the oil pick up pipes and starve the top end of your engine of oil the result being a 'blown' engine..I have experienced an engine failure and under investigation by Audi it turned out to be timing chain tension failure due partly to lack of oil in the top end..The car had only covered 70,000 miles and was on the 'Long Life' service schedule recommended by Audi...That is the reason I asked if you were planning on keeping the car because it's in your own interests to keep your engine in the best condition possible.:friends:

Last edited:
Its not just about mileage it is also the driving conditions, if you do plenty of around town motoring then the oil condition will deteriate quicker..

Thanks for your replies.. I will follow the mmi so it says next service in 8k oil then in 18k full service.. Car is now nearly 400 miles and 7 months old..