Service Plan query

MarkyH

Marky
Reaction score
put car in today for last service and it needs a brake fluid change which the dealer says is not part of the service plan! This does not sound right to me as surely it is a scheduled requirement and not a maintenance issue - on the plus side they said the MOT is included so maybe shouldn't make too much of a fuss?

Nope, it's not part of the service plan.

Neither is Haldex oil change, or DSG oil change.

Your service plan paperwork should detail exactly what is included.

(It also depends if it's a dealer offered service plan, or a VWFS service plan).

Im also keen for views on this as i had the same thing with brake fluid not being part of it. I dont think its unreasonable at all to assume it would be part of the plan. Or should i have known better as we all know that saying about assuming...

Again.

Your service plan will detail exactly what is included.

The line is drawn somewhere, after all, you can say that the cam belt must be replaced at regular intervals, should this not be part of a service plan?

(Having said that though, I think Brake Fluid Change in year 3 is covered under the Audi Complete plan for new cars, but not for used cars)

Last edited:
No not covered in my Service Plan (non maintenance) and confirmed in the paperwork but I assumed it was in so best to check the small print!

Not really.

An "oil service" is merely oil and filter
An "inspection service" is just that, plus greasing of door hinges etc.

Plugs and filters at the appropriate juncture.

Anything else isn't really a "service", and therefore is usually chargeable.