Sensors not working due to immediate surroundings

c3ll

Reaction score
So I just got trough a really long drive, and after driving trough a narrow 3 lane traffic, I got a load of notifications saying:

Pre sense not working
Side assist not working
Anything sensor wise not working,
"because of sensors not working due to immediate surroundings".

It disappeared a couple of kms later, and no explanation I could find.

One of the notifications said "look at the owners manual for derails", but mine is in German so.... I won't be getting a lot of answers from it.

Anyone experience anything similar?

Cheers,
G.

Just looked at my manual and it is not very helpful other than to suggestive sensor is obscured by something. I get it occasionally and then it clears after a mile or so. I think basically if it gets confused about what it is seeing, such as the sun shining directly into the camera, condensation building up in the cavity between windscreen and camera (there is a heating element to clear this), rain or dirt not the sensor or anything else you can think of then you will get the message. The issue comes if it does not clear either immediately or after a restart. The issue many of us had with early C8s was the warning not clearing and being left with random alerts and no safety systems. A software update released during 2020 seemed to mostly fix this.

Reactions: c3ll
Ok, so it's not just me. Thanks a ton. I kinda thought that a lot of signals could've caused it because it was really packed heavy traffic, moving hectic on the Lisbon bridge, so i thought it was confused, lights, signals... Once I drove to the open area after, it cleared all of it, so that's what I deducted too.

But it was kinda worrying, throwing 4-5 mistakes one after the other...

Cheers,
G.

Basically they were all the same issue. The camera could not get a clear image of the road ahead that it could work with so anything camera related shutdown on the basis it is better not to work than to work incorrectly

Reactions: c3ll