Scratch and dent insurance help needed

Joetidman

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation on the best company to use for scratch and dent cover for my S5? Also for alloy wheel damage cover (including diamond cut)? I went with Audi for for S3 and felt I was ripped off, so wondering who is good to got with? I'm going with ALA for Gap insurance (£300 less than Audi). Not going to bother with tyre cover (didn't work out for me last time) or the service plan (only had 1 service in 3 years on my S3, what a rip off). Any thoughts welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sat in the Audi dealership just about to collect my car. I'll let you know prices when I've gone through it with the salesman !

Edit: this was on my phone and didn't send until just now for some reason?

Last edited:
Reactions: Joetidman
SMART insurance : £399 for unto £3000 worth of smart repairs up to 12 inch in length.

Alloys Insurance : £149 - IIRC it was for up to 8 repairs (so, 2 per wheel)

Each policy provides 3 years cover

I might take the wheel one out as £149 seems reasonable should I have (most likely will have) a parking scuff or two in the next 3 years!

I have 14 days to decide so can think on it for a little while.

SMART insurance : £399 for unto £3000 worth of smart repairs up to 12 inch in length.

Alloys Insurance : £149 - IIRC it was for up to 8 repairs (so, 2 per wheel)

Each policy provides 3 years cover

I might take the wheel one out as £149 seems reasonable should I have (most likely will have) a parking scuff or two in the next 3 years!

I have 14 days to decide so can think on it for a little while.

Seems reasonable. The 3rd party insurers I've looked at seem to limit you to 3 call-outs a year, with £10 excess but limited to scratches only 1.5cm long which is a joke, as often even very light scratches exceed that. Quotes are around £240 for 3 years. The alloy insurance seems very good value for sure

@Joetidman - this was with Jardine Motor Group (Manchester Audi) - I'm not sure if this is a generic policy for all Audi or something bespoke to their dealership group?

I'm through hitchin which is also Jardine, so I think should be the same deal