SatNav - Activating Personal Route Assist?

cosmicblue

Reaction score
So just completed the 2019 map update - all good.

Poking through the menus and came across the 'Personal Route Assist' feature which would be really useful, so from this screen:

20181201-173351.jpg

I then get this screen:

20181201-173405.jpg

So I select the 'switch on personal route assist' and the system goes back to the 1st screen with the tick box unchecked.

Is this normal behaviour or do I need a dealer visit for a s/w update?

I thought the light bulb/flag combo in the bottom of the screen indicated that it was active

Thanks Cuke2u - and for the useful 2019 nav map update instructions too.

L_G - you are correct - thanks for that, appreciated. The icon is Personal Route Assist - its just the user interface that is a bit cranky, if anyone should stumble over this thread at a later date the pages from the user manual are here:
User-manual-1.jpg

User-manual-2.jpg

Reactions: cuke2u
Don't know if this helps but I enabled mine today and after it was parked up for a couple of hours the box was still ticked when I restarted the car..

Reactions: cosmicblue
Thanks - it's defo working as I get the (annoying) warning messages of delays on personal routes even if the destinations shown isn't where I'm headed at the time.

Reactions: cuke2u and Kevin Gall
I had a look at this over the weekend and while I have the racing light bulb icon showing and the option ticket on the MMI I don't recall seeing any destinations listed as shown the extract from the manual above.

It is possible that is because I don't really have a daily commute