Sat Nav

sahk

Reaction score
I am thinking of investing in a GPS sat nav system.

Looking to spend about £400.

I was wondering which is the best to buy.

I personally use an Ipaq PDA with the Tom Tom Software loaded. Use a blue tooth GPS reciever which sits on the back shelf (its very small).

I have all the benefits of a pocket pc AND sat nav which can be used anywhere, not just in my car...

Battery on the PDA last about 6-8 hours and the battery on GPS reciever lasts over 8 hours. Ive used this while out hiking and works very well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I bought a Tom Tom car mount for the pda which will charge the PDA as well as mount it securely. You will be able to aquire all the parts for around £300 if you shop around on ebay.

ive heard good thinhs about the tomtomgo. my mate has got 1 with the speed camera upgrade so im waiting to lend that to try b4 i buy anyfin

Get A Tom Tom Go...

Amazon £400ish...

It’s been good to me; If you get one take a look at this site!!. http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/uksafetycameras.php
& download the safety cameras & Other Points of Interest!!

Only one thing I would like to point out is there are issues with some windscreens. It works 100% in my S3, but will not work in my Babes 206 Xsi!! Weird, But you can get an external antenna for them... I am totally impressed with the accuracy!! It’s always within 3metres!!

Hope This Helps

Mark

Tom Tom is great I use it here and will be testing it out inFrance in a couple of weeks time.
IMO get a PDA and have the dual functionality of the sat nav when in the car and also being able to use the PDA for loads of other applications.
Also if you know where to look you can get the tom tom software as a free download.I have the whole of europe on cd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I use tomtom also and its great! There are good deals to be had on totalpda.co.uk

Have a look
Cheers
Rich

I couldnt endorse copying them on a public forum its against the law /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I would always tell people to buy the original from the program vendor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

You could always try sending a PM.

I only have version 3 for PDA's I don't think it works on tom tom GO.

Tomtom for me, v3 on an dell x5

Just go to http://www.pocketgps.co.uk and look at forums to make your mind up.

A mate has the GO and has V4 map data so you get the M6 Toll road etc. However V4 for the pda should be an upgrade at some point when they release it.

Also a collegue has destinator, and really likes it (part of a package with an Acer PDA) but i didnt think much of it compared to tomtom.

Would like to try copilot when i have some money!