1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 MMI2G DAB Upgrade

hidnmine May 11, 2017

1. hidnmine

hidnmine New Member

Hi,

I have a 2009 S4 B8 with the MMI2G, B&O sound system, but only analogue radio.
    I see the DAB tuner for sale on Ebay, but don't know what else I need to upgrade mine.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks Andy

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Well-Known Member

Do you not think the DAB tuner on its own will be enough? There might need to be a bit of Vagcom coding I suppose.

4. hidnmine

hidnmine New Member

After a bit more research, I think I now have the answers (not tested yet):

-- The tuner is available on Ebay for around £100 (I bought one from Germany - arrived today).
    -- If the unit has "component protection" it won't work unless enabled by a dealer - could be a problem..
    -- Power is supplied with a splitter cable - again on Ebay
    -- Data is sent on an optical fibre network called MOST. This works in a loop, so a breakout cable from Ebay (awaiting delivery)
    -- Connecting to the Audi aerial looks too difficult, so I will buy a stick-on one. Not sure yet how to power it..
    -- I have Vagcom, so not a problem.

Thanks for your reply
    Andy

5. hidnmine

hidnmine New Member

Just going through my old posts, I didn't finish this one.
    I mounted the tuner in the rack below the B&O stuff, and connected it using the power cable and MOST optical splitters (both from Ebay). With an off the shelf stick-on aerial on the rear quarter light, the radio worked first time. A simple bit of VCDS coding to stop it showing as a fault, and done.
    Well worth the trouble!

Cheers,
    Andy

Roadrunner146 likes this.