S4 Exhaust on a 2.8

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Ordered an S4 stainless exhaust for my 2.8 as couldn't find a cheap enough system made for the 2.8.

It appears to be about an inch n half too short where it joins to the cats. Got some reducers but they don't seem to be a good fit.

Any ideas chaps? Was told the S4 system would mate upto the 2.8 system with no problems.

You've got to remember that the S4 has turbos, therefore the downpipes and cats will be different to a 2.8.

I quote someone else on another forum...

"When I had my 2.8 I used a s4 exhaust. It was a apr stealth exhaust. It worked fine the only thing you had to do was put a reducer right after the downpipes because they are smaller on the 2.8 then the 2.7t."

Weld the reducers on and use the proper Audi sleeve clamps?

A decent exhaust shop could sort it in less than an hour.

I asked the seller purposely about the fitment and he said "it would fit exactly the same!" It just goes to show what lengths people go to to get a sale eh?

Looks like a trip to work and get some adaptions made to the system.

Cheers,

Dan

I've put my decats back on. Would the cats make that much difference? I'll take a short vid clip once the jointing paste sets. Off for a soak in the tub. Did it all on car ramps at front and jacks and stands at back.

Try it with the cats on, they're fairly densely packed and will do a fair amount of silencing on their own.

I guess the system is designed for a turbocharged car, and turbos do a fair amount of silencing themselves.

I guess the system is designed for a turbocharged car, and turbos do a fair amount of silencing themselves.

Yeah thats my thought too!

Suppose i could do. Outside noise level i can live with! lol. Its the 'drone' inside between 1k and 2200k rpm that really gets to me. Cant even talk to passenger!

Need to remove old lambdas and try fitting them then.