S4 cornering fogs

mk4gtiturbo

Reaction score
My previous car had adaptive xenons (2014 Octavia vRS) and I quite liked it "shining around corners" on country lanes but my S4 does not so I thought I would try to turn on the cornering fogs. I have managed to get them to come on with the indicators but not when you just turn the wheel. I tried a search but could not find anything. Does anyone know if this is possible or have a link to the coding? The indicator fogs were turned on with Carista.

You will probably need something a bit "stronger" than Carista, do you have access to VCDS or similar, if so, get in there and see what is selected and see what needs selected for switching on that function - I'd think that all B8 A4s have the module versions that can do that.

I have activated them with Carista on my Mrs' B8 A4 (60 plate - although sold now) as well as on a friend's B8 A5 (2010). I am sure if you look under 'lights' again there will be an option to activate cornering fogs. My A3 8V does that too and so does B8.5 S4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I done them on my B8 A5 with carista.
They worked from the steering wheel as they should.
I do have adaptive headlights if that makes a difference at all??
Then turned them off again because I could not see any advantage whatsoever.
In fact they bugged me

Reactions: Marky007
I done them on my B8 A5 with carista.
They worked from the steering wheel as they should.
I do have adaptive headlights if that makes a difference at all??
Then turned them off again because I could not see any advantage whatsoever.
In fact they bugged me

Yeah me too no advantage but still left mine on a4 b8.5

I did mine on my B8.5 only ht e other day via carista.
Not that you can tell when they come on & i've upgrade to 5000k 100w too.

Reactions: Marky007
I'm pretty sure they only work at low speeds, I think it's something like under 20mph .