S4 B8 lower control arm kit

ninjag

My lower control arms need replacing so I went to get the 034 Motorsport lower control arm M14 kit but it seems there are massive stock shortages in both the UK and USA with predicted eta of late November :openmouth:.

I've found a Meyle kit in America which seems to be in stock (part no. 8K0407151FKT2 link here) and I think it's compatible with my B8.5 but does anyone know if this is a decent make? It ends up a little over £500 once converted and including shipping, import Duty & VAT which seems fine.

Or would anyone be able to recommend something I can get in the UK? I'll be getting new bolts as well because I believe these are stretch bolts and one of them is a full 180° twist after torquing with others being 90°.

Thanks

ninjag

Also, on the 034 site it says that it's an M14 ball joint (the separate one) and lists the part number as 8K0407689G but this appears to be an M12 ball joint. Is it a typo and supposed to be M12 as I thought it was only the ball joint which forms part of the control arm which was increased to M14?

Paul battams

VCDS Map User
My lower control arms need replacing so I went to get the 034 Motorsport lower control arm M14 kit but it seems there are massive stock shortages in both the UK and USA with predicted eta of late November :openmouth:.

I've found a Meyle kit in America which seems to be in stock (part no. 8K0407151FKT2 link here) and I think it's compatible with my B8.5 but does anyone know if this is a decent make? It ends up a little over £500 once converted and including shipping, import Duty & VAT which seems fine.

Or would anyone be able to recommend something I can get in the UK? I'll be getting new bolts as well because I believe these are stretch bolts and one of them is a full 180° twist after torquing with others being 90°.

Thanks

Yes meyle is a good make better than OE ye get new bolts and do the job right good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ninjag

Yes meyle is a good make better than OE ye get new bolts and do the job right good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I've also been looking at individual Lemforder parts but this ball joint is getting me stuck. I spoke with 034 motorsport uk this morning about it and the part number they have referenced and it kinda stumped him as well.

He could only assure me that it would be an M14 despite that part number returning M12 because it will be automatically superseded, but that doesn't solve the problem when trying to buy separately. Their lower arm kit won't be available until mid November which was confirmed this morning. Meh...