S4 B8.5 CREC engine remap

TheFiftheElement

Reaction score
http://www.abt-configurator.com/en/Audi/S4/Avant/8K2/30TFSI333

I was just having a google and noticed this, if you scroll down a bit it's suggesting that ABT will be able to remap the latest CREC engine/SIMOS ECU for the S4 (and I guess S5).

Hopefully it's just a matter of time before other tuners can to, as REVO is the closest option for me ..

Edit: Just noticed that this is a piggy back unit, not an ECU remap :tired:

I'm sure all the tuners are working on it. Due to the significant effort that Audi have gone to in creating the CREC version of this engine, clearly they plan to keep using it for a while and the tuners will want to keep this part of their business. Of course cracking the ECU is only the first stage - they then need to analyse if the CREC engine responds to remapping in any different way than previous engines (and if they need to touch the new fuel injectors). Then there's the matter of a new pulley design. Nevertheless I'm sure we'll see results later this year.

Have you contacted REVO about it?

@Dippy .. I don't get my car until September this year, and plan to run it for about 6 months first before I remap, so I wasn't going to contact Revo until early next year.

I'm guessing with the A6, SQ5(?) and others now using the CREC engine, a remap will be on it's way soon ..

September? That seems late. The B9 A4 will be on display in Frankfurt in September! Do you have a build date set?

Indeed the 3.0 TFSI engine is available for several Audi lines and also in the Porsche hybrids so the tuners definitely need to support the CREC engine.

According to the BETA online Audi tracker, my build date is set for the 10th August, so I'd be looking to take delivery on the 1st September ..

I weighed up getting a new car, that will be a model behind almost instantly considering my S3 will not be an old model for some time, but the finance deals and the sound and drive of the 3.0v6 was enough to sell me on ordering one.

Interesting - it said "available June" last time I looked!

The significant changes (eg with injectors) in CREC engine makes me think it's likely that the 'B9' S4 - when it comes - will be based on this engine.

I'm pretty convinced based on no evidence really, that the new B9 S4 will have the CREC 3.0v6 supercharged engine but with a slight increase in power and torque, so matching the SQ5 @350/350 .. Maybe a different drivetrain though? 8 or 9 speed S-tronic