S3 v E63 AMG idiots (Video)

Who filmed that?? A baby in a car seat?! Horrendous!

That looks like the new 'managed' motorway section of M62 near Leeds - I've seen them cameras go off for people doing 70+ when there has been no lower limit in place. The hard shoulder can be used when busy, but not for driving like that obviously... idiots!

I assumed they were both stolen!?

Reactions: jimojameso
That's the people that should be getting tickets not the 36 in a 30 brigade.

TX.

Reactions: Si_S3
Not condoning the driving here but if the lane 2 and 3 hoggers are everywhere. All but about 6 of the other cars should be in lane one then the undertaking wouldn't be happening. Also motorcyclists do this all day everyday and no one says a word.

Personally I think they took to many chances but again motorcyclists are much worse and no one says a word :(

Reactions: Tony1982
Yes. And lorry drivers overtaking each other coz ones speed limiter allows them to go 1/2 a mph faster than the other one. Most bikers are much worse than these two.

Just for some perspective, my Dad raced his 350 & 500 Manx norton's against John Surtees, Jim Redman, Phil Reed, Giacomo Agostini and the like. I've never met John but when I talked to the rest there was a lot of eye rolling from them.

So, I'm not anti bikes just one group of road users that percentage wise are less than courteous.

Haha, get that chip off your shoulder, your judgment is clouded by your prejudice of bikers.
Nice story though, if a little pointless.

Reactions: Blackwhite and Simon L
Just comparing what the ******* in the vid was doing with what bikers do all the time. Somewhat of topic but in a way a fair comparison.

Not condoning the driving here but if the lane 2 and 3 hoggers are everywhere. All but about 6 of the other cars should be in lane one then the undertaking wouldn't be happening. Also motorcyclists do this all day everyday and no one says a word.

Personally I think they took to many chances but again motorcyclists are much worse and no one says a word :(

Completely ludicrous to be blaming other road users for their lane discipline. This just highlights the idiocy of the two drivers even more.

In fact the way you appear to be underplaying their driving makes me wonder if you indulge in a wee bit of dodging and weaving yourself? ;)

Reactions: Blackwhite and Martinbanshee
Yeah, those guys in S3/AMG are most definitely ******* but motorcyclists in general are better drivers than the average car driver due to the increased training required and the higher levels of danger involved. Yeah, there are some idiots on bikes too but there's not too many car drivers killed by motorcyclists.
BTW, I'm sorry Ago didn't sign your Beano when you were a kid but he's a legend and a true gentleman.

Reactions: jimojameso and Simon L
Completely ludicrous to be blaming other road users for their lane discipline. This just highlights the idiocy of the two drivers even more.

In fact the way you appear to be underplaying their driving makes me wonder if you indulge in a wee bit of dodging and weaving yourself? ;)

I have. Not like these two though. They are driving way inside what I would consider safe tolerances. Have I undertaken sounding my horn at lane hoggers who neither drive by the Highway Code or have any awareness of what's going on around them......

I understand two wrongs don't make a right but if they drive by the Highway Code, then it helps me to do the same :)

Yeah, those guys in S3/AMG are most definitely ******* but motorcyclists in general are better drivers than the average car driver due to the increased training required and the higher levels of danger involved. Yeah, there are some idiots on bikes too but there's not too many car drivers killed by motorcyclists.
BTW, I'm sorry Ago didn't sign your Beano when you were a kid but he's a legend and a true gentleman.

He is a legend and a true gent. These guys are a different breed! Like a cross between the track racers they are and daredevils! Last time I see them was 15 years ago when I was 29 so didn't carry comics around much.

My Dad always said if your gonna be in a collision better to have a ton or two of metal around you. All things being equal the rider is gonna come of worse for that reason alone.

Re-read my posts and with the written word I can see it looks like I'm a biker racist lol. I'm not, I judge everyone on actions not a group they belong to etc. I just don't get the condemnation of these two when every week I see riders doing the same and worse :(

Fair enough, I understand where your coming from, I just think you're being overly critical, especially when you openly admit to undertaking yourself in situations you deem safe but others might not. Seems no different to what bikers may feel when manoeuvring but you disagreeing with what they're doing.

I absolutely agree :) In my defence I have good awareness of what's going on around me when driving and do my level best to get out of the way of bikes in particular so they don't feel the need to undertake :)

Reactions: Martinbanshee
Being a biker and an S3 driver I can see both arguments and have to agree with both sides. For me threading (unless perhaps slowly in a traffic jam when cars are stopped) is just plain crazy, especially when some bikers do it at breakneck speed and take risks getting between 2 vehicles. Undertaking we all do at some stage, especially on motorways when in busy traffic and you can't lane change (hell I get undertaken most days on the M25 in rush hour traffic in my S3!) and if done sensibly on a bike can be safe, so long as you (the biker) are aware of what you are doing and what is around you - although I don't agree with using all the lanes swapping everytime for the "best" gap. The ones that do it at breakneck speed, with no (apparent) consideration and expect everyone to get our of their way I have no time for, they play with their lives as far as I'm concerned and biking is dangerous enough as it is. As well as giving bikers a bad name.

Simplest way is to be aware of who and what is behind you - for me with bikes I just move to one side and let them go by as safely as they can.

Did someone mention Redman, Hailwood, Surtees, Reed.............hey remember seeing (most) of them doing the circuits back in their time, for me the IoM revival in the 70's when they had Geoff Duke out on the AJS Porcupine as well putting in a lap - hmmm heaven!!!!

To me every biker should watch the video below - interesting outcome, especially in braking - then they may not "tailgate" so much

Yeah that was me about the 'vintage' racers. My Dad raced with them as a privateer. I drove Jim Redman from the Isle of Man to Birmingham on our way back to Kent. Was funny coz he was all on edge for the first few miles then kinda thought I was ok driving then went to sleep.

I was worried. 6 time world champ (or something) next to me, 2x 500 Manx nortons and a commander in the back...... :( lol