S3 Sportback

eko

Reaction score
My first post so a big hello to all.

I had a test drive in the S3 last week and really liked it.

However I can really only justify the purchase if it is to be available as a 5 door.

I've asked the same question on some other sites and sent an email to Audi but no real answers so far.

Some say no some say yes but nothing concrete either way.

Does anyone know the answer?:think:

Hi and welcome.

I saw an interview a while back and in it one of the Audi team was asked if a Sportback version was planned and the answer was that there were no plans to produce an S3 Sportback. Whether that has changed I don't know but I would doubt if you will ever see an S3 Sportback. Shame.

RS4 maybe??

Who knows.

Maybe in a year or two, when the 3-door model has made it's presence known, a special edition S3+ Sportback with 290 BHP stock.....

I asked audi ireland about this a good while back and this is what I got

-----Original Message-----
To: Dermot Tobin
Sent: Wed Aug 02 16:14:31 2006
Subject: Audi S3 Query
Hi Dermot,
Many thanks for your web query.
The new S3 is due to be launched at the Paris Motor Show in September.
The first cars will be available to order from October and we should start seeing our first cars arrive into Ireland in November. Pricing is being finalised at the moment and will be announced very soon.
Please see attached three pictures of the car. The first pictures were released yesterday.
According to our information Dermot, there will not be an S3 Sportback.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact me.
With Best Regards,
Mark McGrath
Audi Ireland.

I asked him then if there was any plans for an RS3 and got this

No problem Dermot.
It should be a cracker alright. The engine will be a 2.0 TFSI 265bhp unit and the car will also come with quattro as standard. We were told some months back by Audi AG there were no plans for a Sportback as three door cars looked a lot sportier, keep your fingers crossed they change their mind. No confirmed plans for an RS3 yet, but you never know.
Best Regards,
Mark.

Just recieved and email from Audi, no sportback planned.:sob:

Too bad, I think there would be a lot of interest, would be the perfect family car for me.

I think Audi are missing a trick by not doig an S3 Sportback. Yes 3drs are reputed to be more sporty, but if this is Audi's thoughts, why do and S4, S6, RS2, RS4, RS6 estate cars?

I had the same conversation with the Vauxhall VXR brand Manager when I aksed them about a 5dr Astra VXR, he said there was no market for it.

But look at the other 5dr top end hot hatch's available :-

Focus ST
Golf R32
Audi A3 3.2 V6
Mazda MPS

I for sure would order one tomorrow if Audi decided to do it.

buy a focus ST if you wanna five door or R32 Audi wouldnt do that the market would become flooded with them.