S3 service plan

So far I've paid £190, £279 and £173 for services with the next inspection/oil change due in September.
Haldex and brake fluids were done last year.

The website is now showing fixed cost servicing for 3-10 year old cars at £200 for an Interim and £400 for a Major.
Service plan £384 for two services - oil change + oil/inspection, which seems like good value (for Audi).

I haven't had a price from the service booking centre or negotiated with the dealer for the 4 year service yet, but is a Major service and an oil/inspection one and the same thing or does the Major include other things as the price might suggest?

This is a photo of my Excel spreadsheet I keep for my car. See thumbnail or wherever it is, lol. Apart from the cam belt change at 5 years old, brake fluid, etc, they don’t have time limits on the other stuff, only mileage’s.

Attachments

• 9FDB3FD2-785E-4EB8-951E-9FE3A6ACF6F7.jpeg
    9FDB3FD2-785E-4EB8-951E-9FE3A6ACF6F7.jpeg
    735.1 KB · Views: 126
At the beginning of next year and car will be 3 years old with a current milage of 7400. Its as had 2 services with Audi already.
Audi are doing a Service Plan offer with 20% off as you may well know.
This includes:
1 x Oil change Service:
  • Oil and filter change
  • Vehicle health check
  • Re-set service interval display
  • Audi service history
1 x Oil service and inspection
  • Oil and filter change as per the Audi recommended service schedule
  • Electronic Vehicle Health Check which includes brake and tyre check
  • Audi Cam - highlighting any required work
  • Re-set service interval display
  • Complete internal & external visual inspection and report to include all lights, instruments, bodywork, glass, locks, battery coolant levels, drive belts, braking system, steering, hoses, drive shaft suspension and exhaust system
  • Pollen filter replacement (if required)
  • Lubrication of door hinges
  • Vehicle road test
My question is: Can I use this on my 3rd service? Wouldn't a 3rd service need more work doing to my car that isn't covered on the list above?

Is this 400 od ''plan'' only for oil change?? or even other repairs?
@ the 3rd year service, isn't the brake fluid changed as well at additional cost to the service plan? Also add in a MOT @ £49.99 (Audi price).

@ the 3rd year service, isn't the brake fluid changed as well at additional cost to the service plan? Also add in a MOT @ £49.99 (Audi price).
you don't need to change brake fluid all the time maybe like 5 years or so ? I was quoted £30 MOT couple of months back still I went to local

Reactions: JohnM100 and Ormesome
Hmmm https://www.swanswaygarages.com/audi/servicing-parts/maintenance/brake-fluid-change/

Brake fluid must be replaced at when your car is three years old, and every two years after that, irrespective of the mileage.
nah audi always overreacting..

taken out of context
How Often Do You Need to Change It?
There is no set time to change the brake fluid in your vehicle. The timing varies by type of car, the driving conditions you typically encounter, and the manufacturer’s recommendations. But a good rule of thumb is to check it during regular oil changes, and expect to change it every four to five years. Signs that you should get your brake fluid checked immediately include fluid that has a burnt odor, is not clear or transparent, or is at a lower level than it’s supposed to be,,

I would always keep to the recommended servicing times if you have a warranty with Audi.

Reactions: S32B
nah audi always overreacting..

taken out of context
How Often Do You Need to Change It?
There is no set time to change the brake fluid in your vehicle. The timing varies by type of car, the driving conditions you typically encounter, and the manufacturer’s recommendations. But a good rule of thumb is to check it during regular oil changes, and expect to change it every four to five years. Signs that you should get your brake fluid checked immediately include fluid that has a burnt odor, is not clear or transparent, or is at a lower level than it’s supposed to be,,

It’s not just Audi that recommends 3 year then 2 year change intervals.

In addition to fluid level and appearance, a quantitative test of wet boiling point. Brake fluid absorbs moisture which reduces its boiling point and effectiveness.

https://epicbleedsolutions.com/blogs/faq/what-is-meant-by-wet-and-dry-boiling-points-of-brake-fluid

Apart from not corroding the braking system from the inside, a good strategy is to have brakes at least as good or better than the car in front of you. Regular brake fluid changes help with both of those.

Reactions: S32B