S3 Oversteering

Solberg

Reaction score
Couple O questions here.

Ive seen on pictures that S3s come with a upper front strut bar as from factory, is this true? I dont have a strut bar on mine....

When searching to buy one I cant seem to find anything else than the "oem" one, here from darkside:
http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/audi-s3-8l-front-upper-strut-brace.html

They any good?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also having huge amount of oversteer when entering corners at high speeds. The back slips very fast, also got some body roll when maneuvering though "S" corners that can do some bad throws.

What improvements can I make to attack this?
I have KW V2 coilovers on it, with rebound adjustment on the front but not on the back, I might think this could be some issue if its softer on the back than the front?

Yep... factory fit ... think early APY didn't get them but later ones and all facelift got them

<tuffty/>

I have a OEM strut bar in my car. It is an early (03/99) S3, with the APY engine. It is a German import.
Regarding the oversteer, you might need new shock absorber and bushings in the rear.

I see... its an 05/1999 APY german import.

Doesnt look like its been strut bar on it really lol, towers looks like this:
Skjermbilde 2017 01 03 kl 214844

Skjermbilde 2017 01 03 kl 214854

I see the strutbar kit from darkside comes with bolts, washers and nuts. Is it safe to drill holes in my dampertowers and bolt on the strut bar with just bolts and nuts from there on?... Feels a little loco homemade to me eh?

And poly bushes alone is a good enough upgrade? No other motorsport tweak I can buy and mont on?

Reactions: Solberg