S3 ordered

Vertigo1

Reaction score
Finally done the deed, new order placed today for early December delivery.

S3 saloon S-Tronic
Navarra Blue
5-V-spoke design wheels
Technology Pack
Comfort and Sound Pack
Matrix LED Exterior Lighting Pack
Extended Interior Upholstery Pack
Leather/Alcantara
Folding & Dimming Mirrors

Reactions: Rolly12, scoss, Reggieboy71 and 6 others
Thank god for that!

Nice spec, got a few things I wish I'd gone for.

Reactions: Vertigo1 and Jassyo06
Nice!

That Navarra Blue is a sweet colour!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Vertigo1
Thank god for that!

Nice spec, got a few things I wish I'd gone for.

I figured I'd get the exact spec I wanted without compromising. On the downside, it's pushed the list price above £41k so £450 road tax for me! :(

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
One strange thing...

It appears that adding the reversible boot mat, which I've done on every A3 I've owned, removes the spare wheel on Quattro models.

Does anyone know why?! The mat is simply an additional folding mat which sits in the boot space. I know the boot floor is higher on Quattros but I fail to see how this affects anything nor how removing the spare wheel changes anything.

CONGRATULATIONS..nice car....nice colour....very nice spec.....

Reactions: Vertigo1

S3 saloon S-Tronic
Navarra Blue
5-V-spoke design wheels
Technology Pack
Comfort and Sound Pack
Leather/Alcantara

Whats Comfort and Sound Pack.....never saw this option on a S3....awe right NA on a BE.....?

Whats Comfort and Sound Pack.....never saw this option on a S3....awe right NA on a BE.....?

Yeah it combines B&O, Parking plus and Hill Hold, saving £75 over them separately. (The heated seats are standard anyway on the S3).

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Yeah it combines B&O, Parking plus and Hill Hold, saving £75 over them separately. (The heated seats are standard anyway on the S3).

Are heated seats standard on the super sports seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're standard regardless of seat type I believe

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rolly12
Congrats mate!
Navarra, Navarra........... ! :rockwoot:

Reactions: Andy F, Jassyo06 and Vertigo1
Was pleasantly surprised to see the dimming mirrors are on both sides again on the FL. Had these on my old 8P3 on both sides but they dropped the passenger side dimming on the 8V which I thought was stingy in the extreme. Obviously people have complained and they've restored it to both sides.

Reactions: richinsoton and Audi Bairn
Only just discovered that I get the front dynamic indicators. I thought they were standard with all LED lights. Bonus! :)

Only just discovered that I get the front dynamic indicators. I thought they were standard with all LED lights. Bonus! :)

lol nope, only with matrix LED's always have to admire them in the car in fronts reflection

Reactions: Jassyo06
Gonna be a lovely car mate! I've def made my mind up and gonna go for a s tronic for my next Audi. I am worried that I'll miss the manual but I fancy a change.

Was pleasantly surprised to see the dimming mirrors are on both sides again on the FL. Had these on my old 8P3 on both sides but they dropped the passenger side dimming on the 8V which I thought was stingy in the extreme. Obviously people have complained and they've restored it to both sides.

God damn it... Didn't spec it because the seller told me it wasn't on both sides and then just went with the folding mirrors :unamused:

However congrats with the car!

Gonna be a lovely car mate! I've def made my mind up and gonna go for a s tronic for my next Audi. I am worried that I'll miss the manual but I fancy a change.

I test drove the first iteration of the DSG in the A3 back in around 2005 and hated it. When I read all the PR blurb it sounded like the perfect solution but, once I actually drove it, I found it hesitant and ponderous.

I've stuck with manuals ever since (now on my 5th A3) but, given that S-Tronic is almost a must with the S3, I made a point of test driving one and found it's a world apart from what it used to be. They've obviously ironed out most of the issues now.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I test drove the first iteration of the DSG in the A3 back in around 2005 and hated it. When I read all the PR blurb it sounded like the perfect solution but, once I actually drove it, I found it hesitant and ponderous.

I've stuck with manuals ever since (now on my 5th A3) but, given that S-Tronic is almost a must with the S3, I made a point of test driving one and found it's a world apart from what it used to be. They've obviously ironed out most of the issues now.
I don't have any issues with the stronic, you soon learn how to tea it up for gear changes, yes it can be hesitant if you floored it in 7th and it needs to jump to 3rd but that more down to driving rather than the box.

It's nice and smooth at all speeds and very responsive especially in sport mode.

Reactions: Andy F and Audi Bairn
Well I think they've been continually improving it and the FL S3 has a new 7-speed wet clutch variant which is apparently improved over the one fitted to the pre-FL model.

Well I think they've been continually improving it and the FL S3 has a new 7-speed wet clutch variant which is apparently improved over the one fitted to the pre-FL model.

In about 6weeks l will let you know if there's any improvement over the 6 speed S-stronic box, doubt it though the 7th gear was added for fuel economy only

Reactions: Djs3saloon
Think the biggest difference isn't the extra ratio but that it's using wet clutches again. Not sure if that'll translate into any real difference in use though.

Now have an order number and a build date. Config all looks correct on the YourAudi site.

Looks like it's going to be ready by end of October but I can't take it until the start of December :(

Now have an order number and a build date. Config all looks correct on the YourAudi site.

Looks like it's going to be ready by end of October but I can't take it until the start of December :(

Yeah 4 months for a factory ordered S3. Saloon

That's nearly 5 months! I'd be asking questions of the dealer on that one. My build date is a month after the dealer put the order in.

Oops..... Lol must be taking the rise right of me then, ordered the 26/5/2017 eta.....14/10/2017

It's because you want flash paint you flash git lol

Reactions: MattSedg
Well, as of two days ago my car is status 40 so in the UK and heading to the dealer soon.

That's under 10 weeks from placing order!

Reactions: davemk, Tom.H and Rolly12

S3 saloon S-Tronic
Navarra Blue
5-V-spoke design wheels
Technology Pack
Comfort and Sound Pack
Leather/Alcantara
I have the Matrix lighting pack and all I can say it’s amazing.

Reactions: OST
I have the Matrix lighting pack and all I can say it’s amazing.

Its one of, if not the best options I have ever specced on a car. The only problem is, I watch the light patterns more than the road sometimes, it is magical.

Its one of, if not the best options I have ever specced on a car. The only problem is, I watch the light patterns more than the road sometimes, it is magical.
Ditto. I must say that we live in a very rural area and the Matrix LED lighting when activated makes the road ahead more like driving in daylight. I had a TT before and I thought the lights on that were very good but not a patch on these. You can actually see the LED’s turning on and off it’s just amazing.