S3 lowered on H&R springs

They landed this morning Demian.

I'll post a pic up once theyre on. If they rub, it'll only be for a short while, till the wheels have made a home for themselves under the arches :)

Great!

They once again had a bit trouble finding you this morning but obviousley they came good in the end.

Damian @ DPM

Great!

They once again had a bit trouble finding you this morning but obviousley they came good in the end.

Damian @ DPM

Yeah, they must have sent somebody with half a pickle this time. :thumbsup:

Ive been running H&R 10mm front and 12mm rear for over a year now....... no rubbing at all :)

Does anyone else feel any slight vibration at motorway speeds when running the spacers?
Is this normal, or is there something I can be doing to help get rid of it.
I have 10mm hub centrics (courtesy fo Damian @ DPM - thanks again).

Any thoughts?

Slight thread jack, sorrry - but has anyone fitted 10mm spacers to a standard (as in suspension) S-line? I'd really appreciate some pics from side-on and 3-quarter views if poss.

I'm beging to think I need a set but need to see pics before I buy.

Damian - do audi-sport.net members get a discount? :whistle2:

Slight thread jack, sorrry - but has anyone fitted 10mm spacers to a standard (as in suspension) S-line? I'd really appreciate some pics from side-on and 3-quarter views if poss.

I'm beging to think I need a set but need to see pics before I buy.

Damian - do audi-sport.net members get a discount? :whistle2:

We recently done some 15mm rear spacers for Greg over in Ireland, i'm sure he'll be able to show some pics of his if he's about.

I'm sure we could something out for you!

Does anyone else feel any slight vibration at motorway speeds when running the spacers?
Is this normal, or is there something I can be doing to help get rid of it.
I have 10mm hub centrics (courtesy fo Damian @ DPM - thanks again).

Any thoughts?

Thankyou Jamie!

You checked that all wheels are balanced as fitting spacers can sometimes increase the effect if any wheels are slightly out.

I'm due new tyres soon mate so will get it sorted then, but all tyres 'should' be balanced ok - never had any vibration before.
It's maybe just my mind picking on things I never though about before - my first time with spacers ;)

Hmmm, I have 10mm all round and get the occassional rub on the back arches as it is, especially when I ahve a passenger in the back.
Good luck with the 15's - I think lot's of people have had to change a specific screw holding the arch liner in place.

Still rub when removing the screw!

I did loads of test runs over a certain bump on a road that rubbed every time even with the screw removed, even worse with people in the back.

To be completely safe I went with 10mm on the back and can have a car full and no rubbing 99% of the time.

Think i've just found my first mod..! I've asked for a price for 10mm Hubcentric Spacers all round.

One of the first things i noticed about the car was the way the wheels seemed to be sunk into the arches. I'm not interested in any suspension work just cosmetics for now.

Good thread

How do you post up pictures by the way..?

Sie

Put your photos on a hosting site like photobucket then paste the link from there into the post you are typing, easy!

We recently done some 15mm rear spacers for Greg over in Ireland, i'm sure he'll be able to show some pics of his if he's about.

I'm sure we could something out for you!

Good man. Once I've seen some pics I think you'll be hearing from me.

I've had H&Rs fitted for a year now...the ride has gotten progressively harder with time and I have found that my stock shocks are starting to bottom out. I have ordered a set of Koni Sport shocks with a hope that my problem will be sorted.

Seeing this pictures, I notice that the OEM S3 suspension in europe seems to be even lower than mine! Does anyone from other parts of the world also notice this? A friend of mine installed H&R springs on a car here and the drop was HUGE! I mean, it looks like your pictures but the difference was very very noticeable!

Demian Pleassse tell me i havnt been sent the wrong spacers. PLEASE!!!!

The 15mm are the perfect diameter for my hub 150mm OD

The 10mm are 135mm OD :sob:.

Surely the front and back hubs/wheels are the same dia, therefore requiring the same diameter spacers front and back.

Ive checked and the Audi hub is 150mm OD.

So the 10mm ones will surely end up looking like this:

I cant check 100% because im still waiting on the longer bolts but if someone can clarify whether their spacers are the same OD front and back i'd be grateful!

I also find the standard suspension on my S3 too soft.... What you think? coilovers or just new springs?

Pedro

15mm spacers now on the rear. Took it over some harsh speed humps. Turned very hard into a few corners, no rubbing :) I was alone though! 2% of my driving may be done with passengers in the back so im not too worried :)

That looks good mate!
Just need to get those fronts pushed out now

Nightmare - I think the 15mm on the back looks really good mate. I'll be interested to hear how you get on with them. May upgrade to a wider set for the rear, as they still look like they could go further!

Anyway here's mine on 10mm all round.

From the back:
P1010560.jpg

Looking down on the rear wheel:
P1010561.jpg

Looking down on the front wheel:
P1010562.jpg

Looking from the front:
P1010564.jpg

Excuse the state of the car - spend about 4 hours doing the interior today, cleaning/feeding the leather and sorting out all the plastics and interior glass.
Treating the outside to the full treatment tomorrow Poter Cable at the ready!!!

JK

It's still on the cards yeah mate....
... jsut waiting on a few bits and pieces.

When was the rolling road day???
I'm hoping to get mine done soon, with before and after plots.

Just a quick question...

I am thinking about buying H&R springs for my 8P S3 but will it be good to fit the springs on OEM shocks?
I have heard that if the shocks are made to work on a lower setting than the one they were designed for, they will either work bad or "discharge" and become ineffective in a short time...

Any advice?

It is always best to get matched springs and shocks but on the new S3's the H&R springs seem to working really well, better then standard infact! :think:

Damian @ DPM

Thanks mate, you almost convinced me...
(well, it wasn't a hard task.... :lmfao:)

Just a quick question...

I am thinking about buying H&R springs for my 8P S3 but will it be good to fit the springs on OEM shocks?
I have heard that if the shocks are made to work on a lower setting than the one they were designed for, they will either work bad or "discharge" and become ineffective in a short time...

Any advice?

I'm using the OEM shocks and it good , it will be better to upgrade the shocks.

I'll upgrade the shocks when the Std ones go ( get some wear out of them )

Or if i choose to put it back to Std hight ive not spent money on shocks , but you do have to spend labour fees twice!

It's up to you mate.

p

Ive been running standard shocks with H + R springs from DPM (think I was the first to do lowering and spacers on here!) with no adverse effects, transforms the handling mate so go for it!

Ive been running standard shocks with H + R springs from DPM (think I was the first to do lowering and spacers on here!) with no adverse effects, transforms the handling mate so go for it!
Wilco.

I just ordered them...:)

Hope springs and bars will be ready and mounted for the end of the month... Got a trackday to test them...:rock:

Guys ,

Sorry , I have not read the entire thread so if I am repeating anything..appologies ..

I have found that the wheel rubs on the foam liner under the fender , not on any screws.

I have 15mm Eibachs allround and H+R sport springs as well .

Guys ,

Sorry , I have not read the entire thread so if I am repeating anything..appologies ..

I have found that the wheel rubs on the foam liner under the fender , not on any screws.

I have 15mm Eibachs allround and H+R sport springs as well .

Thats right,I took the screws out when I had 15mm on the rears and they still rubbed that why I have now gone with 10mm on the rear with it being lowered. It does still rub even with these depending on the bumps in the road and how many people are in the back.