S3 Insurance...

god_thats_quick

Numptie of the highest order
Reaction score
Website
www.theregister.co.uk
Hi Guys,

My renewal is due soon and it's got me thinking about modifying my car again, greenlight have matched my renewal from direct line and I'll be giving adrian flux a call soon. Greenlight also only want an extra £100 for a remap over standard.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experiences making a claim with either of the above? or has any other recommendations of good insurance companies for modified cars I should try, I'll be looking to insure a standard car then get it remapped early ish in the new year?

Cheers, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ben.

Greenlight and flux are the ones to go for for modified cars thats for sure! ...But i've not had to claim!

Rich

Not made a claim yet (Touchwood!), but no one can touch Greenlight insurance for my S3 with all the mods declared. AdrianFlux seems to have hiked their prices, as I was with them for 2 years previously with my clean driving record and maximum NCB, but they couldn't match Greenlight's quote, not without proof anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Not made a claim yet (Touchwood!), but no one can touch Greenlight insurance for my S3 with all the mods declared. AdrianFlux seems to have hiked their prices, as I was with them for 2 years previously with my clean driving record and maximum NCB, but they couldn't match Greenlight's quote, not without proof anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As was my problem!... Flux guarantee to beat ANY quote on the same car (like for like)....But the only cheaper insurer was greenlight (by some £500 for me!!) and they will not supply written quotations. Not that i was THAT bothered... £1100 was pretty ****** good i thought!!

Rich

Thanks for the info chaps, I think I'll be going with greenlight but will give the others a call first.

Has anyone asked for trackday cover from greenlight and prices etc?

I'm guessing the email quotes from greenlight don't do it as written proof?

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info chaps, I think I'll be going with greenlight but will give the others a call first.

Has anyone asked for trackday cover from greenlight and prices etc?

I'm guessing the email quotes from greenlight don't do it as written proof?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trackday from greenlight is £80 per day with excess doubled for the whole day IIRC .. they wont cover castle combe though.

...top service although they needed a gentle kick now and then when dealing with my claim.

Adam

I am paying £500 fc on my S3 (27 full ncb) which i think is good through Adrian Flux. They quoted me an extra £100 for a remap. Minor mods which i have done (bailey dv and H&R springs) were no extra cost.
Also last year i had a non fault accident in my old A4 T Sport which they sorted out quickly. Adrian Flux are the best broker ive been with for both price and service.

Thanks Steve, I'll definately be giving them a call and see if they can do better than greenlight however I'm starting to think I can't be expecting it to get much cheaper than the quote from greenlight of £750 / £850 with remap. I'm 24 with 4 years no claims in an ok ish postcode I think.

Turning 25 made a big difference to my insurance so you might have to wait until next year to get the sort of quote you were hoping for.

I does seem that certain companies are always good for certain people. i.e. admiral/elephant always come up trumps for me. I've just renewed with them for £670 (26 yrs old, 8 yrs NCB, 3 pts). Adrian Flux, privilege etc. couldn't come close. Greenlight wouldn't even quote because of my postcode!

[ QUOTE ]
I does seem that certain companies are always good for certain people. i.e. admiral/elephant always come up trumps for me. I've just renewed with them for £670 (26 yrs old, 8 yrs NCB, 3 pts). Adrian Flux, privilege etc. couldn't come close. Greenlight wouldn't even quote because of my postcode!

[/ QUOTE ]

I found their pretty good to.

£770 2002 S3 Fully Comp / Business class 1

24 years old, Zero no claims, 3 points, 1 crash at fault, 1 crash non fault & 1 crash due to unisured drive.

It seems so cheap.

[quote}
I found their pretty good to.

£770 2002 S3 Fully Comp / Business class 1

24 years old, Zero no claims, 3 points, 1 crash at fault, 1 crash non fault & 1 crash due to unisured drive.

It seems so cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

That has to be the cheapest quote ever! 0 ncb, london postcode, £770 on an S3!

Jammy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Unbelievable! I'm 29 and have 1 year NCB, no crashes and pay over £900 in London!

I was pretty chuffed myself i m not gonna complain though.

Matt

[ QUOTE ]
""I was pretty chuffed myself i m not gonna complain though.""

[/ QUOTE ]

Mate if you dont mind could you find me some insurance? lol

[ QUOTE ]
haha sorry mate no can do, try confused.com though

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they was confused when giving your quote, and left the 1 out of your quote lol.

yeah to be honest they probably did, but my details are correct so its there fault not mine.

Matt