S3 colours

gavins3

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm new to this forum and the proud new owner of an S3 (awesome car)

I'm slightly confused by the colours though. I want to get a touch-up kit to sort out some chips on the bonnet. I was told when I brought it that it was Indigo Blue. All the other S3's I see are Ming Blue - seems a bit odd? How can I find out the actual colour? Will it be shown in the paperwork anywhere?

Cheers

just go to audi with your car they will take the chassis number and supply the correct paint iirc they are about 8 quid for the set of paint and laccer .

There will be a sticker in boot floor under the carpet, and also in the service schedule book which shows a list of codes for all the options on the car.

There is a thread on colours here:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=13303

Worth noting that at the end of the production run, you could special order the S3 in 'lifestyle' colours for an extra grand or so. You could pretty much get any colour you wanted from any manufacturer. I know someone on here had/has a ferrari red one.

Cheers, I'll have a look when I get back from work

if its a very dark metallic blue, almost black, then it will be ming blue. no such audi colour as indigo blue ASFAIK.

nice car and nice colour

i think i went to view this a couple of months ago , liked the car but the interior was a bit too bright for my liking , still each to there own
:icon_thumright:

am i right in thinking you cant get facelifts in azure? ive never seen one in my time looking.

rodenal said:
Where did u bring it mate?
i dont understand that brought rubbish that those down south seemto use, an its one of those little niggle things that does my head in! finally a comeback to the nonsense! i will be littering every "brought" thread i read with ur little comment, thanks!

Azure blue it is, looks fantastic with the silver leather, by far the best colour combo (not that I'm biased). The interior is bright but I think thats a good thing, the black leather makes it too dark IMO

I never realised how gramatically pedantic mongolians / scots are!

haha im not really pedantic i just thought i'd pull you up on your grammatical slip :rtfm: <------ Thats a dictionary btw :nyah:

Mongolians?

Yamashta.GIF

You'd be showing your age if you knew who this was (stomu yamashta)

Wait till a bit later on tonight, ill not even know who i am

Correction, it's none of the above. According to the code it's Santorin blue. Cheers for the link to the codes jcs356
:o.k: