S3 coilover question

Grale1

Reaction score
hi guys I have recently bought an S3 which has coilovers on it, the **** end is on the floor as far as I'm concerned and want to raise it up 1/2" - 1" I have the C spanners. Now if I want to raise it which way do I turn the adjuster to the left or to the right? I assume I turn the bottom adjuster not the top? Been a long time since I had coilovers to be honest and 4wd seems more or a pain than FWD.

Thanks for any Ido in advance :)

Look at the threads to see which way.

Typically, because s3 rear springs are so short, people don't fit the adjusters and also run them wound right down, and without the rubber bump stops.

A pic would help people advise

The adjusters are there, it has the silver plate at the top and then the winder part say half way down the thread then spring which sits on the arm part. I will get pics up maybe tomorrow if I get home at a good time,

Generally though can I adjust the hight with the spring in situ if I jack up the rear end of the car?

The adjusters are there, it has the silver plate at the top and then the winder part say half way down the thread then spring which sits on the arm part. I will get pics up maybe tomorrow if I get home at a good time,

Generally though can I adjust the hight with the spring in situ if I jack up the rear end of the car?
Yeh that will be no problem

Reactions: Grale1