S3 8y Oil

markdg

Reaction score
Any advice on what oil to use.
19k miles. 1st service.
Ive been told need long life 0w30.
Any recommendations on brand etc
Think will use an indie garage as been quoted £480 from audi dealer

I got mine done for £80 at Kwikfit, £400 of that is over charging for the oil and labour.

• Wow
Reactions: AdamInKent
19k miles. 1st service.
19k for a first service on a performance petrol engine is way to long imo
long life services are usually set for diesel cars .

Reactions: vatdim
19k miles. 1st service.
£480? That's crazy, I paid fixed price servicing over two years, which was £22 per month (so about £530), and for that I got two oil change services, and an inspection service including pollen filter replacement (weirdly didn't include brake fluid change, even though in the service requirements). That £480 can't be just for an oil change surely?

Reactions: AdamInKent
£480? That's crazy, I paid fixed price servicing over two years, which was £22 per month (so about £530), and for that I got two oil change services, and an inspection service including pollen filter replacement (weirdly didn't include brake fluid change, even though in the service requirements). That £480 can't be just for an oil change surely?
Yep just 1 oil change and inspection. Im set for variable service, every 19k miles so the oil only needs changed at that mileage, which also seems prettt high but thats the recommemdation

Yep just 1 oil change and inspection. Im set for variable service, every 19k miles so the oil only needs changed at that mileage, which also seems prettt high but thats the recommemdation
That's about rite for an inspection service from a Audi main dealer .