S3 2nd long life service

pwnorman

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
How much does it normaly cost for this as i think i've been done over by the stealers.My car has done 29000 miles and it seems like theyve done a total rebuild for the price theyve charged me they should have give me a new car wont say the price at the minute till some of you have given me your prices and i go back to the stealers and give then hell. what they did :- normal service
transmision oils, brake fluid (cant complain on that was expecting it), spark plugs, all different filters for stuff and a sh*tload more.
The break down of the bill is with the service book in the car next time i'm on to reply i'll bring it in and list all prices aswell. For anyone who know's lookers at thornaby even looking at charolette and her knew friend sarah still made it hard for me to take. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

Bert i've just had mine done ,but not the brake fluid or plugs everything else I think,293 big ones baby need it for the warranty though.last one I'll need of the stealers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

You're looking at £300-£350 as long as there's nothing wrong. Remember that £100 of that is on oils & fluids, £45 on oil, air & pollen filters, £30 on spark plugs, plus 3 hours @ £70/hour. That's around £380 on its own. Remembering the £2.00 for screenwash and various sundry items you're up to £400. Just pray the brakes don't need doing at the same time.

Mine's going in for its 2nd AVS next week.
I've been quoted £480. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
That's for 2nd AVS, spark plugs, Haldex change and Brake fluid change.

It's being done at Whetstone Audi in North London.

[ QUOTE ]
dazzler said:
Mine's going in for its 2nd AVS next week.
I've been quoted £480. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
That's for 2nd AVS, spark plugs, Haldex change and Brake fluid change.

It's being done at Whetstone Audi in North London.

[/ QUOTE ]
That makes me feel a little better mine was £509 with all the little extra's added on sure some of them were just added to make it look like they had done.The massive bouns was that i got my car wash and hovered for free said the nice lass who was asking for my money she didnt know what to say when i told her that it always get's that when i've talen it in even when they've not done anything because they orderd the wrong part. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

Well Guys,

Got my baby back from Whetstone North London - and feeling much lighter in the pocket... Well, I will be next month when the credit card bill comes in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here's the breakdown of the invoice for my service: (hope this comes out OK)
2nd AVS 171.60
Haldex oil change 45.00
Brake Fluid service 52.50
AVS Oil 44.62
Brake fluid 5.10
Spark plugs 36.18
Elements/filters 24.54
More oil (H/D oil)? 8.21
Yet more oil 18.39
Screenwash 1.53
Plug (sump I guess) 0.54

Add VAT and you get £479.05

The labour rate and some of the parts have been discounted by the looks of it to get it near the £480 they quoted me. God know what it would've been without it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Car was also washed and hoovered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Karl on the service desk also said they replaced the coolant sensor under warranty, and were going to do the coil packs as well. However, had those done (version L's) a couple of months ago by Audi Assist when one went bang. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Needs to go back for a new drivers side headlamp unit as the reflector is ******** (warranty job), also needs a new tyre, then wheel alignment.

Ummm, I love my S3 - so cheap to run /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

great, cant wait, only 1800 miles to go for mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Seems the stealers base the second service on 40k miles
4 years so second brake fluid change
if less than 40k spark plugs not required,but worth doing if 40k to be exceeded before next service.
haldex oil and filter change at 40k £115+,but no one seems to have had this done,H/D oil is for haldex.
My stealer never suggests brake fluid or haldex oil.
you need to tell them what you want (strange as they are supposed to be the experts).
second avs service £290 bargain!
down from £400+ quoted to wife
don't let a woman do a mans job.