S-line suspension delays!

poweller

Reaction score
Just had a call from Audi, any new S-line A3 ordered with the optional s-line suspension is subject to 'long delays'! They couldn't tell me how long (sounded like months!) but did say if I changed it to standard sports suspension I would get the car much quicker. Not prepared to wait any longer so have gone with the sports suspension. Possibly a blessing in disguise, maybe I would have regretted the harsh ride of the s-line suspension!

Any one else had this problem?

I stuck with sports suspension anyway so I guess there was no need to tell me there could have been a delay with s-line. Shame. I remember when I ordered a new Volvo c30 there were massive delays on the r-design bodykit but I stuck it out!

Would have been 2013 if I had stuck with s-line suspension! Can't believe how it can be that long. Looking at November now I have changed to sport, still bad IMHO considering the order was placed early July! When is yours due?

I had been told my order was placed on 19 July BUT then I get told it wasn't placed afterall so got placed a week ago! So I'm looking at early January for delivery. Slightly annoyed but that is lease company's for you! My last Audi took 7 months so this is still way better!

I too have been told about these delays, would have liked to have S-Line suspension but I dont want to wait till next year for the car. Gonna get sports suspension in order to get it as soon as possible.

I too have been told about these delays, would have liked to have S-Line suspension but I dont want to wait till next year for the car. Gonna get sports suspension in order to get it as soon as possible.

I had the same phone call Vimy, but, as said by others I really think this could be a blessing in disguise. S-line with the sports suspension will be the perfect mix of sporty handling and comfort. Can't wait for delivery date!

So the S-Line doesn't come with S-Line suspension?? Is that not a bit strange? Sounds like they haven't finished teh S-Line yet but they rushed it out of the door?

It wouldn't surprise me if, after the initial round of press reviews/impressions, they've decided to re-evaluate the S-Line suspension for the UK market and our chronic roads.

So the S-Line doesn't come with S-Line suspension?? Is that not a bit strange? Sounds like they haven't finished teh S-Line yet but they rushed it out of the door?

It is optional, you can choose the SE set up, sport or s-line suspension. I did some more digging and there is a supply problem with the dampers which caused the delay.

It is optional, you can choose the SE set up, sport or s-line suspension. I did some more digging and there is a supply problem with the dampers which caused the delay.

What spec/engine/colour have you gone for poweller? Im new here so apologies if you have already mentioned it in another thread.

I had the same phone call Vimy, but, as said by others I really think this could be a blessing in disguise. S-line with the sports suspension will be the perfect mix of sporty handling and comfort. Can't wait for delivery date!
You could be on to something there Dan. Will just have to see once I get the car.
I havent actually driven an audi with S-Line suspension so I'm not sure what to expect, although I have a 1er with M Sport suspension.. it isnt that bad tbh.
I find the car stance just looks soo much better when its lowered.

What spec/engine/colour have you gone for poweller? Im new here so apologies if you have already mentioned it in another thread.

I went for the 2.0 tdi s-line in Daytona grey. Ordered at the beginning of July, originally told it would be in stock on the 01 October but it has now been delayed to 17 November. How about you? Have you been given a build date yet?

I went for the 2.0 tdi s-line in Daytona grey. Ordered at the beginning of July, originally told it would be in stock on the 01 October but it has now been delayed to 17 November. How about you? Have you been given a build date yet?

Snap. Mine was ordered 4 weeks ago, 2.0 TDI, Daytona Grey. Not received a build date as of yet but when ordered I was told expect it to be ready at the end of October/start of November. Not sure how accurate that is, I'm yet to see an S-Line in the flesh but if the pics in the photo thread are anything to go by I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Hi guys, I'm waiting for my delivery mid/late November (Ordered beginning July) but I've ordered S Line suspension and not had any phone call to tell me it's unavailable :-/ .. seems a bit odd...

Wonder if there is anyone out there at all with S Line suspension? Maybe they just didn't have enough parts to fulfil all orders, who knows!

Just gave Audi Slough a call to check if my car had been ordered with S Line suspension and they've confirmed it has. Build started last week (week 43) and is scheduled for delivery mid-late November... No delay... I'm very confused :-/

I am also very confused!! I was told if I had stuck with s-line suspension it wouldn't have been delivered unil early new year, something fishy going on!

Yeah sounds like it. For me it doesn't really matter too much since had they said the same to me, I'd likely go for Sports anyway.

When delivery time comes I'll do a bit of digging...