RS5 front bumper skin on A5/S5

Scott.T

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted an RS5/RS5 style front bumper skin on an A5/S5.
Is it the same bumper that they used on the 'run out model' A5 Black Edition Plus.

I had a Black Edition Plus last year and was pretty sure from looking at images that it was the same style as an RS5 but with different grills (A5 had fog light, RS5 doesn't)
After having this front bumper on my BE+ I would like to get one to fit on an S5 (which I hope to purchase in a few months).

If this is possible does anyone know the full parts list required or where I can source all items in one go.
Cheers

Black Edition Plus Bumper
media.jpg

RS5 Bumper
audi-rs5-rs5-fsi-quattro-S2815416-1.jpg

No not exactly the same. The RS5 sits lower and the wheel arches are different.

Figment of an OEM RS5 bumper is very involved.

Most just go for the one from Xenonz.

Ignore that I wasn't scrolling down far enough : http://www.xenonz.co.uk/store/p180/_AUDI_A5_2012__to_RS5_front_bumper_conversion_.html

Is the fit/finish good on these ?

Not heard people complain. No experience myself, but you don't have many other options...!

Personally, I wouldn't go down that route, as the bumper will be lower than the side sills, so you then have to get the RS5 side skirts to make sure it doesn't look odd. Then the rear bumper is too high, so you have to get the rear bumper and new exhaust...before you know it you've got a wannabe RS5 without the best bit...a 4.2V8....

S5 looks great ;)

Perhaps your right. But the 4.2V8 isn't the best bit as it's un-tuneable ;) unless you have £15K for a Supercharger.
That's the reason I'm choosing the S5 over an RS4 (oh and about £5K minimum difference in price).

On the A5 I just prefer the BE+ front end to the S5. It always amazed me as to why they didn't fit it to the S5 on the run-out.
Perhaps I need to enquire the cost of the BE+

Reactions: DrEskimo
Perhaps your right. But the 4.2V8 isn't the best bit as it's un-tuneable ;) unless you have £15K for a Supercharger.
That's the reason I'm choosing the S5 over an RS4 (oh and about £5K minimum difference in price).

On the A5 I just prefer the BE+ front end to the S5. It always amazed me as to why they didn't fit it to the S5 on the run-out.
Perhaps I need to enquire the cost of the BE+

Yea true...! A stage 2 S5 is pretty immense, but you certainly can't beat the noise of the RS5!

Yea that's a good idea. BE+ bumper, perhaps with the honeycomb grille?