RS4 Exhaust on an S4 ??

pegbox7

Reaction score
Does an RS4 standard exhaust (full system) fit onto same age S4 (B5 model) and if so are there any gains in terms of power or sound ?

Thanks

Fits but the tail pipes are way too big for the S4 bumper cut out, the bumper has to be cut or the tail pipe shave to be changed. Marginal sound increase, none unless you are listening for it really and same again for power. With gutted precats the engine does rev more freely though and is more of a pleasure to drive, not so noticeably strangled at higher rpms.

Sits me just fine as I wanted a refined car, not loud and didn't like the idea of fitting a cat back to make noise and leave the stock down pipes and precats in place.

If I did it again however, I think I would go with RS4 downpipes (gutted) with either a decent custom catback or a modified RS4 or S4 Milltek. That would be louder though, much louder.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply...Are you saying that the RS4 down pipes are more free flowing than the std S4 ones ?

Its supposed to be a good upgrade assuming you go from downpipes through.

I saw a system on Ebay for £100 without DP's or CATS

Generally RS4 DPs will cost you c£150 with cats and £200 if they've been removed.

By the time i've sourced these RS4 parts and paid the going rate its nearly as much as the current stainless full systems (turbo's back ) on ebay ! Are these systems any good or should i stick to the OEM audi RS4 upgraded exhaust parts ?

By the time i've sourced these RS4 parts and paid the going rate its nearly as much as the current stainless full systems (turbo's back ) on ebay ! Are these systems any good or should i stick to the OEM audi RS4 upgraded exhaust parts ?

Some people his these ebay systems and they are very happy with it.

Hi Nez, are you speaking from first hand experience, do you have a system fitted to your car ?

If so was it an easy fit, and what does it sound like ?

Thanx

Hi Nez, are you speaking from first hand experience, do you have a system fitted to your car ?

If so was it an easy fit, and what does it sound like ?

Thanx

No I haven't get the ebay system I have the powerful full system its a de-cat and cat back system 2.5" pipes and it cost me over £700 :(

The only reason I didn't went for the ebay one because some time you have to play around with them to fitting them, but if you go to Audizone you should have alot of commen's about them :thumbsup: