RS3 Saloon PCP Advice

Me: “I don’t want to pay a deposit”
Dealer: “OK.”
Dealer: “Can you pay £1000 by debit card to secure the deal and I’ll pay you it back on collection?”
Me: “OK”

Has anyone else had a dealer NOT want a deposit for an RS car? I have never seen it before... That dealer seems to be very flexible.

I think the thing with PCP is that most people from what I can see (myself included) plan on swapping the car before the PCP is over so the GFV and the excess mileage doesn’t matter. Sure if you drive it more its worth less but some dealer (like the one above) might end up doing a good deal.

I really am surprised on an RS5 you got away with no deposit but well played...

Has anyone else had a dealer NOT want a deposit for an RS car? I have never seen it before... That dealer seems to be very flexible.

I think the thing with PCP is that most people from what I can see (myself included) plan on swapping the car before the PCP is over so the GFV and the excess mileage doesn’t matter. Sure if you drive it more its worth less but some dealer (like the one above) might end up doing a good deal.

I really am surprised on an RS5 you got away with no deposit but well played...

I didn’t expect it to be an issue to be honest as this is my first ever RS product but it’s common as anything at BMW.

Reactions: NevMan
I didn’t expect it to be an issue to be honest as this is my first ever RS product but it’s common as anything at BMW.

Shouldn’t be an issue. I understand they almost always want a deposit to show intent/commitment, but for me I usually add to it in collection to get monthlies I am happy with.

Love the RS5

Yeah they always ask you to pay to reserve the car so no one else buys it but didn't know you could get a refund for it. No deposit is an interesting concept to me. You pay more interest but then when you P/X or sell, it'll come off the settlement value anyway. I think its beneficial up to a certain point but after that point it'd have been better to pay a bigger deposit.

Not sure if its anything to do with the RS5. Compared to the S3 and RS3, the dealers have been trying extra hard to sell me the RS5 and it has the biggest discount for an RS car. Too bad it doesn't fit with what I need.

Yeah they always ask you to pay to reserve the car so no one else buys it but didn't know you could get a refund for it. No deposit is an interesting concept to me. You pay more interest but then when you P/X or sell, it'll come off the settlement value anyway. I think its beneficial up to a certain point but after that point it'd have been better to pay a bigger deposit.

Not sure if its anything to do with the RS5. Compared to the S3 and RS3, the dealers have been trying extra hard to sell me the RS5 and it has the biggest discount for an RS car. Too bad it doesn't fit with what I need.

I’ve bought an M3 and Maserati brand new and both times paid a deposit to the dealer which was refunded and never part of the finance. Other new cars have been leased so you generally pay so many months upfront anyway.

You might find that dealers are reluctant to order an RS product without a deposit as if you cancel the order then they’ll have to shift it and they aren’t volume sellers like the rest of the range but I can’t see VWFS stipulating a minimum deposit in order to finance or lease one with them. They’re paying the dealer the full invoice price of the car in one lump regardless.

If you’re a credible buyer there’s no reason why a holding deposit with the dealer isn’t sufficient.

RS5 is struggling to compete with sunset deals on M4 Comp at 0% which makes it almost half the monthlies on a similarly specc’d Audi with less favourable reviews.

Last edited: