Facelift rs3 owners living in London... who do you insure with?

Ed_rx7

Reaction score
as above.... im having a flippin nightmare trying to get insured at a sensible price atm

43, 11 yrs NCD, sp30 x 1

any ideas?

I tried them direct... and it was crap.... cheapest via money supermarket is coming in at £975:frown new:

So lord knows how you got it so cheap... you sure you selected the right rs3? Coz the new one is listed as a 400 suffix

My cheapest in NW London was Admiral who wanted to fit a black box.......

Not really an option.

What really p*sses me off is that the quotes go up if you specify a Tracker. wtf?

Yes I noticed that too.... so dumb

My cheapest in NW London was Admiral who wanted to fit a black box
Not really an option.

What really p*sses me off is that the quotes go up if you specify a Tracker. wtf?

Who have you settled on?

Don't take delivery until March so all is well up in the air.

I tried them direct... and it was ****.... cheapest via money supermarket is coming in at £975:frown new:

So lord knows how you got it so cheap... you sure you selected the right rs3? Coz the new one is listed as a 400 suffix
Strange.
I just tried another quote on money supermarket and Hasting Direct came in at £414 !!
Yes defo the right Rs3 TFsi 400.
Could be your postcode ? I'm AL3.
I am stating social only as I train it to work. And only put down for 7000miles a year.

Car insurance is fuxxing weird now 1st central on money supermarket coming in at £621.
It changes everyday.

Strange.
I just tried another quote on money supermarket and Hasting Direct came in at £414 !!
I am stating social only as I train it to work. And only put down for 7000miles a year.

Worth checking, but commuting tends to drop the price. Means the car is used for day to day use, social only in a car isn’t a good thing and it will tell your insurance it is parked up a lot at home.

Worth checking, but commuting tends to drop the price. Means the car is used for day to day use, social only in a car isn’t a good thing and it will tell your insurance it is parked up a lot at home.
Correct

Strange.

****** nuts....... you are outside London though... technically... maybe that’s why.... I’m in north london

My cheapest in NW London was Admiral who wanted to fit a black box.......

Not really an option.

So what did they actually quote you bud?

Just revised my moneysupermarket quotes to state social & commuting and it only made a £20 difference, now Hasting Direct are quoting 416 ! But I am already with 1st Central paying just over 500 - which incidentally I may well need to add the commuting bit because I potentially have a new job. Looks like the 1st Central price will increase to just under 600. Doh!! typical, as I said the prices change from day to day, definelty work rechecking on the comparison sites right up to the day you get your new motors.
It must be down to your home addresses for these high quotes - you could move !!
Only joking.

Reactions: Ed_rx7 and AudiNutta
I tried Admiral and they were shXX!

Car insurance is a 'postcode lottery'

Admiral are shocking, they add money to premium for privacy glass and speed awareness courses!
For me Direct Line were best, £600 renewal just come through - I'm 28 with 10 years NCD and 6 points.
It really is a lottery.

Christ - just updated my quotes and they are all at about £1k now ...... I am hoping that, when I actually get around to buying it, it will get a bit better - the theft of my BMW E92 will be 3 years ago in December so that issue falls away with some insurers.

Well at least I'm not the only one:grey:

Admiral are shocking, they add money to premium for privacy glass and speed awareness courses!
For me Direct Line were best, £600 renewal just come through - I'm 28 with 10 years NCD and 6 points.
It really is a lottery.
Got to be on the old car....PFL...if it's a renewal

Guy at the insurance company changed the car for me To a 2 litre shine and the price came right down so it's deffo down to the car not me!,,,,

The car will live on the street o/s the house so I was thinking that this may have been the issue - I just changed the details to 'Locked Garage' to see what would happen and all of the prices went up by circa 10%. Really strange stuff. General Accident I notice at the bottom of the list want north of £5k for 1 years cover!

Occupation affect your insurance as well. If you work in the film or media Industry you’ll be paying a lot more than someone working in a office

It is all down to car theft rates on your postcode I think. We had a gang targeting our area for a few years (they got nicked shortly after thieving my car) and theft rates have subsequently fallen to nearly zero according to the Fed's statistics but insurer's always take a backward looking view on these things.

Understandably, insurers are rather concerned that these cars are going to be nicked fairly immediately and are adjusting premiums accordingly. Even at a £5k premium it doesn't look too clever if a £50k claim rocks in after a month or two......

Occupation affect your insurance as well. If you work in the film or media Industry you’ll be paying a lot more than someone working in a office
Why will it go up if you're in the film industry? Or is it because Harvey Weinstein might fiddle with your car...

Reactions: Terminator x and Evil Diesel
The insurance cost is all in the address - I just put my address as my mum's house outside Aylesbury (a proper sh*thole of a town) and the quote drops by £500. I am therefore properly f*cked on the premium. ********.

Why will it go up if you're in the film industry? Or is it because Harvey Weinstein might fiddle with your car...
Lol, for some reason they look at you as a higher claimer

Last edited:
Another one to worry about if you are getting your car next year.....

IF these new RS3s start getting nicked then the premium will rise a LOT.
This is out of anybody's control of course, just cross your fingers.