RS3 grill on my A3 8v and crash sensor..

EsA3

Reaction score
Hello guys!
Like the topic says.. want a Rs3 on my A3 sportback. But have talked to a couple of people that did this and they told me something non seller has written on the description. The Rs3 grill does not have a crash sensor "pocket" right behind the plate on the grill. You just have to put it under the grill, but how safe is that? I mean its pretty low to have it there, and hitting something that low is not hard at all.. and why does not the sellers say anything about this? Isn't it a safety question replacing a crash sensor?

Crash sensors are generally mounted on something rigid and positioned so that they're not triggered at low speed impacts where the bumper skin is quite capable of deflecting and doing its job.

Any repositioned will effect the calibration of the system and could influence effective deployment of your air bags and other safety systems.

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
This is how much it need to be lowered..

Attachments

• 14697223_1144079402336474_557956558_o.jpg
    14697223_1144079402336474_557956558_o.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 1,179
Anybody? Seen pic here of guys changing to the Rs grill, anyone with a opinion about this? No seller of the rs is really happy to talk about this..

Admittedly it doesn't look like a massive move but it's on a more exposed less rigid part of the bumper. I'd be worried about clipping the lower edge of the bumper on a kerb and the sensor reading more of a shock and deploying the air bag.

Reactions: Simon L and KenL
For me RS3 parts are best on those cars.

Reactions: jimojameso, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
My bad guys, the topic isn't right. Want to buy a rs grill, but heard about this so im waiting with the buy, alot of people are doing like this with the sensor but never heard a problem about it, just that it can be a safety risk..

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
Nah it's ok, i think i got the answear i need. But thanks anyway :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Scottyg