Sportback RS3 driving position

eclipsemullet

Reaction score
I currently own an S3. Is the driving position of the RS3 identical to an S3?

Should be there identical cars apart from the engine and drivetrain setups

I currently own an S3. Is the driving position of the RS3 identical to an S3?

Believe so, identical car.

Only thing to note is I find the Super Sports Seats don’t sit very low, I believe they are higher than the standard seats if you have them already.

Maybe just go sit in one?

Thanks guys. I live on the Isle of Wight so have limited opportunity to sit in one etc

Thanks guys. I live on the Isle of Wight so have limited opportunity to sit in one etc

Opportunity for a trip over the waters? ;) Certainly will be a rare car if you do get one.

Isle of Wight is one on out list of holiday destinations to try, mainly for the novelty of the ferry haha.

Reactions: sve170
Believe so, identical car.

Only thing to note is I find the Super Sports Seats don’t sit very low, I believe they are higher than the standard seats if you have them already.

Maybe just go sit in one?

I will second that, I do think the SSS are slightly higher than the standard seats, but the SSS just make the cabin look so much better, I can live with the slightly higher stance for the look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta
Yes the driving position is not hunkered down low like a Coupe ... I had a couple of TT's and a S5 prior and the seating position was much lower.

But I don't think you will get that with a 'hatchback' will you ?

I don't mind the seating position in the RS3 and if I am honest I prefer it as you are not as low getting in & out of the car.

Super sports seats here too and yes they really do make the interior look more special - they are slightly different to the S3 super sports seats too as they are perforated which give an added sporty touch IMO.

Seating position in the RS3 isn't too low, I quite like it. It should be the same as the S3.

I test drove a Mk. 3 Ford Focus RS, now that's an absolutely dreadfully high seating position. Apparently a lot of people were having back problems from their super sport seats. Felt like I was sitting on the roof of the car.

Seating position in the RS3 isn't too low, I quite like it. It should be the same as the S3.

I test drove a Mk. 3 Ford Focus RS, now that's an absolutely dreadfully high seating position. Apparently a lot of people were having back problems from their super sport seats. Felt like I was sitting on the roof of the car.
I test drove a Focus RS a couple of years ago and just couldn't believe how:

a) high the seating position was
b) the woeful turning circle
c) the atrocious interior

Not a car for me!

I test drove a Focus RS a couple of years ago and just couldn't believe how:

a) high the seating position was
b) the woeful turning circle
c) the atrocious interior

Not a car for me!

The Focus RS has about the same turning circle radius as the mustang - absolutely bonkers it is!

So glad that I went with an RS3 in the end; there's no going back to Ford for me.