Roofbar Options

jongeddes

Reaction score
With the imminent arrival of our new 8v just wondered if anyone had any experiences with roof bars yet. We have ordered it with roof rails and have looked at the Thule Wing bar and the wing bar edge. I will probably keep them on most of the time and would rather go with the wider bars but wondered if anyone had any experience of wind noise etc.

With the imminent arrival of our new 8v just wondered if anyone had any experiences with roof bars yet. We have ordered it with roof rails and have looked at the Thule Wing bar and the wing bar edge. I will probably keep them on most of the time and would rather go with the wider bars but wondered if anyone had any experience of wind noise etc.

Hi there... Yes I have done some research! We collect S3 on Saturday and need to take half a shed to France on Wednesday so not much time. Fortunately we have an old Thule kit (square bar) from various 8P Audis which seems to fit.

New A3/S3 with roof rails requires 1 Thule 753 Kit and a 961 Wing Bar and a 4035 foot pack.

I will probably buy a new 753 kit and footpack but am hoping a 962 Wing Bar I have from an A7 will fit.

The Thule new fitting is different as there are not the 2 locator lugs to fit the roof bars on the A3 which seems a backward step!

Good luck!

I'm hoping Whisperbar would have produced one for the A3 - 8v by the time I need a set. If not it will have to be a set of Thule areo ones.