roof rails

jebusRS

Reaction score
Might be a stupid question :flushed: but is it possible to change the roof rails on an RS3? I know they are a factory fitted option so would be very hard to add in but surely changing them once they are installed must be possible?

Might be a stupid question :flushed: but is it possible to change the roof rails on an RS3? I know they are a factory fitted option so would be very hard to add in but surely changing them once they are installed must be possible?
Changing them to a different colour, or getting rid of them altogether?

Getting them wrapped while on the car would surly be your easiest and best bet?

Reactions: DW81
Getting them wrapped while on the car would surly be your easiest and best bet?
its an option but im unsure how the finish would be, as they are quite an awkward shape are they not and how would the rap hold up to the roof bars being used? Thats why if its possible i would change them.

Yes, it is possible. The easy bit is changing them. The hard bit is getting to them! The trim on the A3 is layered from the bottom up - ie to get the headlining out, it is necessary to take off the pillar panels, to take the pillar panels off, you need to take the waist panels and rear seats off and to take the waist panels off you need to remove the foot panels... in all, a long job!

Yes, it is possible. The easy bit is changing them. The hard bit is getting to them! The trim on the A3 is layered from the bottom up - ie to get the headlining out, it is necessary to take off the pillar panels, to take the pillar panels off, you need to take the waist panels and rear seats off and to take the waist panels off you need to remove the foot panels... in all, a long job!
cheers, aye seems like a long job lol