Roof Boxes ?

Shadowman

Reaction score
Hi all,

I think I am going to have to buy and fit a roof box when we go camping in the summer, and it will be going onto my new black S4. I have nightmares about scratching my brand new paintwork and have never used a roofbox before, so can anyone who has used these things put my mind at ease ?

I cant see how it can mount onto the roof without scratching it, but as I say I haven't used one before so any input on which one to buy and how to mount it properly will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Hi all,

I think I am going to have to buy and fit a roof box when we go camping in the summer, and it will be going onto my new black S4. I have nightmares about scratching my brand new paintwork and have never used a roofbox before, so can anyone who has used these things put my mind at ease ?

I cant see how it can mount onto the roof without scratching it, but as I say I haven't used one before so any input on which one to buy and how to mount it properly will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Easy with two peeps. Harder with one as you simply need to plonk it on your bars so they would be the only thing that gets grief.

If you have a garage and are quite handy then Thule do a thing which enables you to store on your garage roof in the air and you then simply lower it onto the car. I bought one but, never got round to fitting it and since been sold on the BAY.

See here for what it looks like

http://www.skidrive.co.uk/boxes/product_detail.php?partno=571000

Thanks for the replies folks....my main concern is the foot mountings for the bars, as these look like they mount directly onto the roof of the car, and I can't see how they can't wreck the paint ?