RNSe radio reception

Djwoody

Reaction score
I have just installed a 193G RNSe and I'm very impressed, the unit looks superb.

Since installing my radio reception on local stations seems a bit more distorted and crackly than what it was with my previous Concert II. I have installed the GPS antenna behind the two air vents, would this cause any distortion?

Also, I have an iPod kit but the track names are not displaying on the unit and I have no control, do different kits have different functionalitity?

There may be some more issues but thats it for now :)

Chris

The antenna units are different for each radio. So you'll still get reception but not as good. I have the same problem since I installed my RNSe, but I put up with it as the reception is ok (not fantastic), and I listen to my own music most of the time, so therefore don't want to shell out because they aint cheap

You should upgrade your antenna's in your boot lid as well if you have a 2008 or newer A3.

Regarding your iPod connectivity, you need AMI to get track names up on your head unit. That's the OEM way of doing it anyway.

You should upgrade your antenna's in your boot lid as well if you have a 2008 or newer A3.

Regarding your iPod connectivity, you need AMI to get track names up on your head unit. That's the OEM way of doing it anyway.

Thanks for that. Any idea where I could get a new Antenna? Or a Part-number?

Cheers

Well, make sure you do need to do this, although it does sound like you do. I don't have the part numbers of the replacement antennas but if you have part numbers 8P4035225D & 8P4035225C then you will need to.

Best man to speak to is NHN, he did mine for me when he did my RNS-E as it's not just a case of unplugging the old ones and plugging the new ones in. He did some soldering too.

Oh, and if you want AMI he can also help

£300 for the antenna, wiring and fitting... not cheap fella for just a better sounding radio!

But if you use the radio alot then surely it's worth it. Why pay all that money on an RNS-E to just make do with a crap radio signal?

If you are going to do a job, you might as well do it properly. That's my opinion anyway:)

fair point mate, not disputing that... just saying £300 is expensive for a radio when the RNSE is about £500 already. oh i so love my Pioneer unit! :p

Yeap its £300 to do the job as antenna systems arent same from late 06 onwards for rns & concert etc, but you'll do it at some point guaranteed as it will seriously pee you of after a while, let me know when lol.