RNSE 2010+ MK2 AMI and reverse\backup camera rs4 b7 wiring

flylife2k

Reaction score
Hi Chaps

I've just recently upgraded to a 2010+ mk2 rnse for my B7 RS4 and I'm now looking to add an AMI unit and a reverse\backup camera. From my research so far and what I have found I'm a little lost regarding the wiring loom I need which will allow both to connect simultaneously... all cable wiring looms that I have seen so far on eBay are either for connecting the AMI unit or reverse camera using the 32pin connector - here lies the issue, the rnse only has one 32pin connector!

I have come across a few references of users having both connected so I know it is ultimately achievable, just not much mention of how this was achieved. I assuming an off-the-shelf wiring loom\adaptor for such a configuration is not available and some 'hackery' of the existing loom will be required, for which I wouldn't know where to start tbh:search:... can anyone help or advise?
Thanks

Yes you can have AMI and camera at the same time, just move the camera prins from the 32 pin connector to your AMI 32 pin connector.

AFAIK the reverse camera only works with very early 2010 units, for example it doesnt work on rev G units but does on rev B

I had an RNS-E MK2 Rev B, AMI and Kufatec reverse camera in my Audi A2 and works perfectly well.

That's fantastic, thank you for letting me know! The upgraded mk2 I have is a Rev A... it has 'rfse' on pin 2 in block c so should 'hopefully' work.... although I think thatnisbjust for autoswitching (might be mistaken though!)

I've ordered the AMI wiring loop and need to order the reverse camera wiring loom from the mutated multimedia unit to rnse, thank you for the pin information!!! Can you please confirm the pins are separate orbit I need to double up on any pins at all? This is for a B7 rs4 but the information is scarce on the tinternet so its very much appreciated bud!

Hi im new here but come here in need of help i have an audi a6 c7 2016 and i have installed everything for my camera besides one cable to connect to the quadlock navi control button but i dont know what the navi control button is please help. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi im new here but come here in need of help i have an audi a6 c7 2016 and i have installed everything for my camera besides one cable to connect to the quadlock navi control button but i dont know what the navi control button is please help. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blue connector, pins 6 and 12. Might be an idea to post in the A6 C7 forum for further assistance.