RNS-E NAV DISC!!

Dazmo

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where i can get a 2008 or latest (2009) nav disc for my rns-e sat nav cheap?

Ive tried ebay and theres not many and audi want £215 (i dont think so)

I have ordered the 2009 one from www.navigationdisk.eu - only $30 so if it's dodgy or does not turn up I only wasted £20 quid!!

Will let you know how I get on....

At $30 it's definitely a copy - and the picture of the 2008 disc isn' an original disc because the writing around the edge is wrong (too large).

Which DVD did you order? You need the RNS-E DVD 1 (Western Europe).

I ordered disk 1, will see how I get on :)

Can anyone tell me where i can get a 2008 or latest (2009) nav disc for my rns-e sat nav cheap?

Ive tried ebay and theres not many and audi want £215 (i dont think so)

I have a full set of 08 dvd's genuine for east & west europe in original case, PM if interested as audi charge is just for 1 dvd I assume.

Any chance of a steer as to where from?

:beerchug:

I found a website thats sells them for £100, i then realised they were local to me so i went to pick the disc up and paid with paypal online.

Upon collecting i left the shop with the 2009 disc however i realised after a few minutes down the road it was a copy of the original disc and then it started playing up, skipping, failing to read and finnally i got home and the drive just would not accept the dvd.:wtf:

So i played hell through paypal and threatened them with the :busted_cop: and reporting them to audi uk for selling copied discs.:asskicking:

They then told me to come back to the shop and they would they would give me the original, so in the end i got the original disc for £100.:rock:

Their website is here-- http://www.uvworldwide.co.uk/audi-a3-a4-a6-tt-rnse-2009-navigation-dvd-disc-p-2146.html

if your going to buy make sure you pay with paypal and then if yours goes wrong you can get your money back, i personally wouldnt have minded a copy if it had worked but it could be different for someone else

Dazmo,

Thanks for the response buddy. I am no where near Leicester, so if it goes pear shaped it would be a real nause. But, I am pleased that you got the upper hand with these feckers, so good on you. :asskicking:

I think it's balls why Audi want so much for OEM discs, shame as I would pay them £100.

:salute:

2009 can easily be downloaded from that download site which has been in the news a lot recently ;)

Its what you need to do it properly is the issue & the correct types aswell.

Dazmo,

Thanks for the response buddy. I am no where near Leicester, so if it goes pear shaped it would be a real nause. But, I am pleased that you got the upper hand with these feckers, so good on you. :asskicking:

I think it's balls why Audi want so much for OEM discs, shame as I would pay them £100.

:salute:

So an 08 full set in case genuine is no good to you or specifically want 09?

09 may have map updates but no firmware updates from the 08 dvd's.

Sorry Gents, this one dropped off my radar.

In order:

Addie - I did think about that, but the thought of a corrupt ISO which fecks the RSN-E is too much for my tea-towel holder to handle. But thanks for the suggestion!

NHN - Thanks for the response; I have some more priority bills to pay at the moment, but I certainly will bear it in mind for next month.

:beerchug:

Addie - I did think about that, but the thought of a corrupt ISO which fecks the RSN-E is too much for my tea-towel holder to handle. But thanks for the suggestion!

I don't think it'll damage it - it'll either read or it won't.

First time I tried to burn it it came up with an error, but when I used Alcohol 120% to write it with all was fine. Latest 2009 maps and POI's etc.

well the disk from navigationdisk.eu arrived - clearly a copy but works fine so far :) worth the $30 methinks!

I don't think it'll damage it - it'll either read or it won't.

First time I tried to burn it it came up with an error, but when I used Alcohol 120% to write it with all was fine. Latest 2009 maps and POI's etc.

Ah, thanks mate. That's why I don't work in IT.

Fire up the Vuze!!! :racer:

well the disk from navigationdisk.eu arrived - clearly a copy but works fine so far :) worth the $30 methinks!
Be aware that copies are harder to read than originals so your laser will be running hotter and the fan on the RNS-E will run more.

I've lost count of how many members on www.audiforum.us have had to replace their lasers through them overheating by using copies... and some have even had their RNS-E shut down through being too hot. Just so you know...