Reverse parking aid constantly beeping?

BarryM

Reaction score
Ive just bought a 2004 A3 2.0tdi, it has the reverse parking sensors fitted on the car from new,
When I put the car in reverse the beeping stays on constant, now and again it will not beep, but most of the time it will,

Anyone had this problem and know of a possible cure?

Cheers. :sm4:

You don't mention whether or not you have a tow bar fitted , if Ifit my A6 with the tow hitch it constantly alarms in reverse . :keule:

Cheers, whats "vag com'ed" ? Im new to the Audi scene so havent got a clue!

Ive just bought a 2004 A3 2.0tdi, it has the reverse parking sensors fitted on the car from new,
When I put the car in reverse the beeping stays on constant, now and again it will not beep, but most of the time it will,

Anyone had this problem and know of a possible cure?

Cheers. :sm4:

Check the sensors plugs at rear of them, fairly hard to reach/see, could very well be the sensor faulty & also the control module thats hidden behind the drivers rear quarter cover in boot, if near me could drop by to check it for you, also give them a good clean, but vagcom it to check for any thrown codes.

You don't mention whether or not you have a tow bar fitted , if I fit my A6 with the tow hitch it constantly alarms in reverse . :keule:

You have to code the car to say it has pdc with towbar so when you plug the towbar etc in to the power module it automatically changes the operation of the pdc to allow for close object, Vag & tell car its got towbar, but note this would only be on the oem audi towbar fitment not aftermarket as audi use a control module thats connected to the car bus, so aftermarket doesnt interact with car at all except for rear lights feeds, thus in this situation you maybe need to relay the pdc power feeds when towbar in use then turns it of full stop.

Faulty sensor?...mine does the same. I vag com'ed it and one of the sensors shows a fault. Just waiting for the better weather to pull the bumper and replace it

I guess cleaning it up didnt rectify either?

Cheers, whats "vag com'ed" ? Im new to the Audi scene so havent got a clue!

VCDS is a diagnostic software/cable that can logon to your car & check for faults, code options, diagnostic use aswell, I wouldnt advise using counterfeit versions either, always go genuine for this software.