Retune DAB stations, how?

• Thread starter SuperflyTNT1974
  • Start date
S

SuperflyTNT1974

I listen to Absolute 80s in the UK on DAB. They are saying that the station needs retuning. I can't work out how to do this. I've searched in general and looked through the (excellent) FAQ thread to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks.

I had the same. I deleted the saved entry for Absolute 80's from the memory list of DAB stations and then selected an entry from the top of the list of all DAB stations (sure it was "refresh list") and it listed "Absolute 80's new" which I selected and saved in to my memory list. I will say that when I refreshed the DAB listing Absolute 80's was in a collapsible listing. Shout if this doesn't help, I can take some piccies.

Thanks Trevolly. I don't have any saved entries in the memory. I just select from the main list of stations. I have it in ensemble view. Found Absolute 80s new in another collapsed group, or at the top of the list if I sort alphabetically. Can't see any reference to refreshing the list though. Also can't find any way of deleting stored stations from memory, (I just added one as part of this testing) other than reseting factory settings for radio. MMI is version MHIG_EU_AU_K1539. If you could post some pictures I'd be eternally grateful.

Out atm so I'll pop some pics online when I get home this evening.

Scroll all the way to the top of the DAB list and you can update stations.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    911.8 KB · Views: 2,819
Reactions: Trevolly
Do what @Pintman has said above. His screenshot shows the "retune" option which will be at the top of your list of radio stations. Absolute 80's should show as "Absolute 80's new" if it's done it correctly.

Cheers Pintman, Trevolly. I kid you not, I don't have that option!

Attachments

• 20160304_175429_001.jpg
    20160304_175429_001.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 2,626
??? Seems strange mate. I'll be home in an hour and I'll check my version if it'll help.

Mines exactly the same as @Pintman 's. I notice from your pic you've got the tech pack / Audi connect - wonder if the option is in a different place to the basic mmi system? Your software version is diff to mine too - MSTD-EU-AU-P3151.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,646
Thanks a lot, I appreciate your help. Might be to do with tech pack / connect. Let's see if anyone with that option can share what they have.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your help. Might be to do with tech pack / connect. Let's see if anyone with that option can share what they have.

I have the MMI Navigation Plus and the Tech Pack high/ Connect.

It would appear the ability to manually re-tune the DAB stations is only on the newer versions of MMI. Ie Newer 2015 / 16 cars

Here is my MMI version:

The ability to update the MMI is seperate from the Maps that you download from the Audi website.

There are moody places you can download MMI updates however these will throw VCDS error codes and you do so at your own risk.

The only place to get a safe upgrade is direct from Audi dealer. However they will only update if there are issues. Unless you have a friendly dealer I would be surprised if they would update to just to add this functionality.

These have been dicussed here

Rgds
Jungle

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    743.5 KB · Views: 2,791
I have been away for a while and just starting to catch up on the forum. Back to the OPs question.
I have non-tech pack but found that the 'update station list' did not find the new stations

I did find a solution which may help @SuperflyTNT1974

The 'update station list' seemed to basically 'update station name but don't look for new ensembles'

Instead, pick a DAB station, any one will do. Click function button to get the screen with store, text, seek down, seek up etc.

Now press seek up to get next station. Wait a few seconds and press seek up again. Now keep doing this until you have gone through each station (and my, there are some bizarre ones on there!). What this does is forces the DAB tuner to look in each ensemble, even ones it hasn't used before.

Takes about 5 mins all in.

Now you can see all new stations and store whatever you want.

John.

Reactions: richinsoton and veeeight