Retrofitting BOSE (need some answers please)

JBMF90

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First off, yes I'm retrofitting BOSE into my car, I got it cheap and want to stick to OEM.

A few questions if someone has already done this.

How many wires come from the back of the head unit (RNS-E MK1) to the amp? Is it just the BOSE pin out to the amp?

Also, does the centre speaker need to be fitted or is this just 'if you have it fit it'?

Also do I need to connect the mic in the light cluster in the roof lining to the amp of the BOSE or to the back of the RNS-E? And is this a must do step or can it be bypassed?

I have everything to do the proper install, it's just routing wires from the mic, head unit and amp to make sure I get it right.

I can get my head unit coded in not a problem.

Any help on this would be great as I have searched nearly all the forums and Google and all I keep getting is people saying 'why' and 'its not worth it' lol

Many thanks

Do what I did and strip out the entire audio loom from a car with Bose and then solder it back into the car you want to fit Bose too...

Much less hassle and less chance of something going wrong!!

Suppose that's a way of doing it haha!

If it's just a single wire from the back of my RNSE unit to the Bose amp plug then it should be easy, I have everything regards speakers, amp and microphone but just not sure how the wiring goes as to the Bose wiring lol

The wires from the amp run to the can wiring up behind the fues box.

But chasing the wires from a scrap can it means you know you will have all the wires correct and routed line factory so if anything needs adding / goes wrong you know where to begin.

I know it's not the quickest way but by far the neatest and also less likely to cause any issues...

Next challenge is to find a scrapper that had Bose fitted and hasn't had people cut wires for the sake of things haha