Replace S3 with public transport?

J

Jackk_18

I have an S3 8V currently and my employer is moving offices in to the city where there will be no parking. I’m going to have to drive 5 mins to the train station and leave the S3 in the train car park all day.

Obviously, I love the motor but is it just silly to have it sitting in a car park all day bar 10 minutes to/from station Mon-Fri when any motor could do that job at a much less cost? Baring in mind a train pass is a good £50 per month also

Thanks

I have an S3 8V currently and my employer is moving offices in to the city where there will be no parking. I’m going to have to drive 5 mins to the train station and leave the S3 in the train car park all day.

Obviously, I love the motor but is it just silly to have it sitting in a car park all day bar 10 minutes to/from station Mon-Fri when any motor could do that job at a much less cost? Baring in mind a train pass is a good £50 per month also

Thanks

Walk to the station instead of driving and maybe swap the S3 for something interesting that you’d never use everyday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jackk_18 and Raiden
Got rid of my S5 and cancelled my order on a new S3 when I got my job in London. Station is only a few minutes walk. However my tickets costs me £330 a month (and I only go in 3days a week, got to love National Rail...).

Running an S5 (particularly on finance...) was just ridiculous. I just borrow the OH's car when I need it now, and I'm saving up a shed load of money for when/if I need another car. It's quite ridiculous how much you save when you don't run a car, particularly an expensive one on stupidly high finance...

Of course I miss it, but I only drive about <50miles a week now, so it really doesn't bother me.

Could always give it a month or two and see how much you use it? No need to make any decision straight away.

Reactions: martin1984
Got rid of my S5 and cancelled my order on a new S3 when I got my job in London. Station is only a few minutes walk. However my tickets costs me £330 a month (and I only go in 3days a week, got to love National Rail...).

Running an S5 (particularly on finance...) was just ridiculous. I just borrow the OH's car when I need it now, and I'm saving up a shed load of money for when/if I need another car. It's quite ridiculous how much you save when you don't run a car, particularly an expensive one on stupidly high finance...

Of course I miss it, but I only drive about <50miles a week now, so it really doesn't bother me.

Could always give it a month or two and see how much you use it? No need to make any decision straight away.

I think I’ll give it a month or two and see how I get on, only had it 6 months so a shame to see it go and for a downgrade run around motor

Either way surely you'll want a car, depends how much cash you earn I guess, the answer to all these problems is more money.