Removing Door Cards

DamoS3Q

Reaction score
Has anyone removed there door cards before? Im changing my speakers this weekend. Any tips on the best way etc.

cheers,

Damo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

If you search in the ICE section mate, it's been covered. Real easy job once you know how!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Damo said:
Has anyone removed there door cards before? Im changing my speakers this weekend. Any tips on the best way etc.

cheers,

Damo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<ul type="square"> [*]Open door [*]Remove screws at the top ends of the doorcards [*]remove screw holding in underside of door handle (in the inside edge) [*]remove the plastic insert [*]remove screws from inside it [*]Search for anymore screws around the edge, bottom of door card .etc cos i cant remember having not done it in a long time .etc [*]Pull door card up and off with some force! [/list]

Damo,

There are 5 screws in total to remove... and job done!! One thing i did notice which was a little annoying was all the connections into the electric window buttons/lock. when i upgraded my speakers i removed the whole door card rather than letting it dangle with all the connections. The connections took a while to get out but got there in the end, makes life easier for when you want to fix in the new speakers. Let me know if you have any probs, i took some pics which i havent had time to put on the site which may help.

All the best otherwise!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
neil.c said:
If only the rear quarter panels were as easy to remove.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are easier.. pull them til they snap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Its scary doing them things!

Those metal clips are just so unnecessary there could have been a strip along the top like the front door and a couple of clips or screws along the bottom.

I think I paid about £20 for mine, but all my stuff is snap-on.

Like speedo says you can get them way cheaper from most motor factors/halfords etc.