1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Fob Issue

zayn81 Aug 3, 2018

1. zayn81

zayn81 New Member

Hi All,
    Having a issue with the remote fob on my new 2018 S4. I think i pressed it too many times whilst locking and now i am no longer able to open the Boot lid (Saloon) or open the windows long press

I just see a flashing Red light on the remote fob. Any ideas how to reset this ?

Thank you

Daggerit likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

It could be that the auto up/down isn’t functioning on a window, it happened to mine the other day. Just find which window won’t go up or down all the way with a single click of the relevant window switch.

Roll it all the way down and then all the way up without clicking the button far enough to activate the one touch function. When it gets to the top continue to hold the button up for five seconds then release. That should reset it and everything should work again.

If that’s the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Check the mmi settings, car, vehicle settings, central locking...

Daggerit likes this.
  5. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

It’s possible if you picked up the second fob as they store the settings and it might not have been activated for that one?

But if it’s the same fob and you haven’t changed anything then I’d lean towards the one touch not working on a window.

6. zayn81

zayn81 New Member

the passenger window behind the driver is not working with one touch. I followed your instructions but it does not make a difference

this has been working fine for the last 2 weeks since I got the car

7. cuke2u

8. Daggerit

Try going all the way down and hold and then all the way up and hold then. I’m willing to bet that’s all it is if one window isn’t working on the one touch.

9. cuke2u

As the remote boot release also stopped working at the same time it is worth checking the mmi settings...

Daggerit likes this.
  10. zayn81

zayn81 New Member

Got it working finally, i went to the actual window switch behind driver which was not working and manually closed and opened. Then locked the car and did the remote window unlock, all back to normal

Thank you all for your help :icon thumright:

Daggerit likes this.
  11. cuke2u

So the remote boot release works now?

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. zayn81

zayn81 New Member

yes both boot release and Windows working now

cuke2u likes this.
  14. cuke2u

Whenever my one touch windows have stopped working it has never affected the boot release so it is puzzling why it would have effected yours...