Recall in the states

RaZ A4

RaZ A4
Reaction score
Saw this:
Aluminum Trim for Speakers can Come Loose
The sharp edges of the speaker trim increase the risk of injury to vehicle occupants.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 17V675000

Manufacturer Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.

Components STRUCTURE

Potential Number of Units Affected 31,323

Summary

Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Audi A4 Sedan and A4 allroad, and 2018 A5 Sportback vehicles. The aluminum trim on the front and rear doors can come loose from around the door speakers, leaving sharp edges exposed.

Remedy

Audi will notify owners, and dealers will replace the speaker cover aluminum trim, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in November 2017.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Saw this:
Aluminum Trim for Speakers can Come Loose
The sharp edges of the speaker trim increase the risk of injury to vehicle occupants.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 17V675000

Manufacturer Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.

Components STRUCTURE

Potential Number of Units Affected 31,323

Summary

Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Audi A4 Sedan and A4 allroad, and 2018 A5 Sportback vehicles. The aluminum trim on the front and rear doors can come loose from around the door speakers, leaving sharp edges exposed.

Remedy

Audi will notify owners, and dealers will replace the speaker cover aluminum trim, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in November 2017.

Yup. Already started on my B&O. I'll expect a letter then. That'll be the third thing it's been recalled for haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately what happens with recalls in america doesn't necessarily translate to the uk, they have a different, and perhaps better, system..

I actually noticed this on mine and thought they are a bit sharp and don't seem to fit right

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately what happens with recalls in america doesn't necessarily translate to the uk, they have a different, and perhaps better, system..

I'm not overly excited about it. Sort it at trade in

Does anyone have a photo of this trim?
Does it affect everyone or only those who have B&O systems?

1d141b5c7d075e76b2bde7dd4f73cee8.jpg

Can see it just popping out at the end there.

And it's very sharp. If this catches someone's leg it could cause quite a gash :-(