Rear wiper washer jet doesn't work :(

cnahamilton

Reaction score
My washer jet does not work. I have taken off the boot trim and had a look in there for any gremlins and there was nothing wrong. water pipes fine, all electric connections were fine. Pump makes a noise when activated but nothing happens :(

On the wipe itself you should be able to see the x2 nozzles which fires the jets.

Remove these by pulling them and clean them out - i would guess these are blocked if you can deffinetly hear the pump running,

Jonny

Does water come out of the pipe at the back when you try the pump with it disconnected from the wiper motor? If not then maybe there's a leak /pipe has come off in the front somewhere on its way from the reservoir to the back of the car? I had that happen to my 8l where it wouldn't send any water to the back until you'd held the pump on for a good while because it was leaking at a connection near the bulkhead.

I didn't think to do that while I had it apart. Th pump definitely runs. I have also checked if any water leaks from anywhere when I get the pump going. Nothing leaks from the tailgate and I can't see any leaks from the front. Ill pull ff the jets and try that.

As stated above, disconnect the pipe & test again, also as above its probably just blocked jets.

I had the same problem , I blasted the nozzles with a power washer , then ran the wash / wipe , then blasted again , I repeated this a few times until they cleared , a fine sewing needle helps too .