Rear wiper arm. Avant.

PeteA7S/Back

Reaction score
Those who have had to buy new arms. Question. Where did you get them from. I have looked on eBay etc and there' plenty on there but just want a positive review from someone who has bought and fitted an eBay jobbie. The blade on my current arm is 13 inches but all the supplied ones are arm and blade but 14 inches. Never going to worry about gaining an inch lol but just want someone to help with fitment etc if they work alright and the fit is good.

I got the eBay one and it was the worst £7something spent. Cheap plastic, spring and hinge will not allow you to lift the arm to lock position (had to hold it to clean the rear window) and blade was wasn't that good.
I ordered an A4 B8 2009 Avant salvaged arm with blade ant it works the charm.

As had to use wiper arm pulley to remove the oem arm, I had no problem to take the eBay one out and fit A4 one in. Bit of gentle wiggle and it came out to the dumpster.

A4 one is also slightly longer and I'm happy for that 1cm extra (every little help. LOL)

Blades between the two are different but think the A4 one perform better.

IMG 0014

IMG 0013

Not the best pictures but you get the idea

It looks better too

Yes I have seen the a4 style ones. our oem ones you cant see the blade under the plastic and didn't know what the a4 style ones would look like till your photo so cheers for that. Is yours a genuine a4 item then? Im guessing most audi wipers will fit going by this then. Cheers fella.

It is genuine Audi part as it was salvaged from the donor A4.

Think paid £30 for it with still good blade, tightening nut and washer nozzle. The whole shebang.
Spring is important as it press the whole arm with blade to the window. That blade have different type of pressure ability to also contour to window curvature.
When you lift it up, it bends like a bow but that confirm a good spring within the blade.

Might replace the blade in couple of months but still does the job.

Look for the A4 B8 breaking from eBay breakers yards like this one here:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/112816682472

Many others also there.

Just message them about the arm and ask to list one for you, if available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PeteA7S/Back
I was wondering if one from a 53 plate onwards Mk1 Octavia hatch would fit or if it would be too long, but I've never got round to measuring one.

My reasoning for this is that my old Octavia had a spray bar inside the arm so that the it moved with the blade and cleaned the window better than a normal jet.

My guessing is as long as the spines on the inside match and the water pipe connects then it will work. I'm hunting an A4 arm as we type

Reactions: KrisKrk